How do I keep sandworms alive overnight

Sea Mitch

Petty Officer 2nd Class
What is the best way to store sandworms overnight. Should I keep them in the refrigerator? In water? or just the box they came in?

noelm

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: How do I keep sandworms alive overnight

hey not too sure if "sand worms" are the same as our "beach worms" but they can be kept alive very easily in cool dry sand and in a cool spot (not refrigerator) they will last a couple of days, or in a tank of some sort with salt water and an aerator, but they can also be frozen quite well and at least they are still usuable, better than no worms!

Johnshan1

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Fridge them and they will be fine. We get them from the bait dealer in the fridge.

Fly Rod

Commander

:) Yup i agree, just put them in the fridge and they will last a few days!!!<br /><br />If put in water,they will drown!!!<br /><br />When digging your own, you could put them in water and seaweed tempoarily!!! Once home spread out some newspaper, spread seaworms on paper cover with newspaper and pat dry, throw away any dead or wounded worms, then put in a moist not wet seaweed bed in a box and refridgerate!!! Will last a good week!!!! ;) :cool:

Sea Mitch

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thanks everyone! The fridge worked great! They were a little slow to start and perked right up. All were alive.