How do I clean a fish ?

jollymon

Petty Officer 1st Class
Last night I spear a sea bass and a fluke. The guy that normally cleans them, just gutted them and cut the head off. He suggested that I finish filleting them at home, as when he does it at the dock, he waste more meat thenhe gets, because it is dark, and poor lighting at the cleaning table.<br /><br />Where do I go from here, I have never fillet a fish before.

AK_Chappy

Lieutenant
Re: How do I clean a fish ?

jollymon,<br />Here is a link to another thread that LadyFish posted. It is an excellent way. I use the same method myself.<br /><br />AK Chappy

jollymon

Petty Officer 1st Class

AK,<br /><br />Can you try posting the link again, or tell me what you searched for, The was no link, and I have not been able to find it in a search.<br /><br />Thanks<br />Jolly Mon

LadyFish

Admiral

Here's the link Jolly Mon. It may take a second to load all the pics if you are on dial up, but well worth the wait. <br /><br />How to filet a fish<br /><br />Good luck! :)

AK_Chappy

Lieutenant

Oops,<br />I guess I hadn't had my coffee yet when I posted that. Thanks LF for coming to my rescue.<br /><br />AK Chappy

super64

Cadet

Hey! TripleC, I see you have a 86 osprey. I just a couple of days ago bought the exact same boat. an 86 osprey. mine has a 120 johnson on it... I dont know when I'll be able to get it on the water though... Can you tell me what you think of the boat, what I should expect. All I've ever had was bowriders and speedboats.

chadchurchill

Seaman

super64- It is a great boat! With my 75hp it will go 36 mph with two people, fishing gear, half a tank of gas, and the motor trimmed right at WOT. With a 120 on the back that boat should cook right along. I don't go more than a mile from land, but have been in some pretty rough 4-7 foot seas and still made it back to the ramp. It is a well made boat and set up perfect for fishing. This is my first "real" boat(also have a 12 aluminum) and if I ever upgraded to a larger boat, I would get another Aquasport. Congratulations, you got a great boat. If you have more questions email me at so that we don't hijack this thread any more than we have. [email]TripleCMail@aol.com[/EMAIL]

LubeDude

Admiral

When I first saw the post I wanted to say, "Just take everything off and out that ya dont want to eat". :D :D :p