How about this for customer service

KeltonKrew

Lieutenant
http://www.click2houston.com/money/4873906/detail.html <br /><br /><br />Cable Company Calls Woman Nasty Name On Bill<br /><br />POSTED: 1:39 pm CDT August 19, 2005<br />UPDATED: 7:34 am CDT August 22, 2005<br /><br />ELGIN, Ill. -- Philadelphia-based Comcast is apologizing for an insulting epithet on a bill.<br /><br />LaChania Govan made dozens of phone calls to the cable company to complain about service, but she said she was never rude.<br /><br />So the Elgin, Ill., woman was shocked when her bill came and had the insult printed where her name should be.<br /><br />Instead of her name, the bill had the "b" word printed on it.<br /><br />Wednesday, Comcast said it fired two employees for the incident and also issued an apology to Govan.<br /><br />"We are appalled by this treatment of our customer and want to extend our sincerest apologies" to LaChania Govan, the company said Wednesday in a statement. "This is not the way Comcast does business."<br /><br />Comcast officials offered Govan two months of free cable to try to make amends.<br /><br />But she's canceled her Comcast account, anyway.

aspeck

Staff member
Re: How about this for customer service

My cable company could call me any name they wanted to for 2 free months of cable!

Homerr

Commander

Been there done that with cable.<br /><br />Always increase their rates, never down.<br />Customer NO-service.<br /><br />I went back to C-band. I pay only for what channels I want and nothing more. Everything is done via the internet. No calls to customer service in another country that can't speak English!<br /><br />Sorry.. now I'm ranting... :) <br /><br />The best thing she did was cancel the service. This is the only power we (as consumers) have.<br /><br /><br />H,

Twidget

Commander

*knocking on wood* I havent had anything but good luck with Charter.

KRS

Banned

Well, now my buddy and I are searching for another job, pass the want ads!<br /><br /><br /> :p :) :p :)

jsfinn

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Heh....I guess it would only be fair .. I've called them every name in the book more than once. :)

SlowlySinking

Master Chief Petty Officer

True story.<br /><br />Years ago a lady wrote a complaint to a large company, she received a very nice letter of apology, but, attached to the letter was an inter-office note that read, <br /><br />"send the SOB form letter # 5." :D

D

DJ

LaChania Govan made dozens of phone calls to the cable company to complain about service, but she said she was never rude.
Yea right.<br /><br />Because the last four words even had to be mentioned tells me to be suspicious.

demsvmejm

Master Chief Petty Officer

DJ, you are so skeptical. I agree, but if I had to call the cable company dozens of times, I would be rude, so if she was I guess I could understand.<br /><br />Then again, I wouldn't have called dozens of times, I would have cancelled my service long before that.<br /><br />But maybe she added the last statement in exasperation at the insult on her bill.