Houston, Texas Members, (only) ha!

steve n carol

Chief Petty Officer
I am looking at a crawler loader W/ a backhoe on the back of the unit. Would any of you be interested in taking a look at it for me? Hear it run, drive it and operate it a little. Verify that it does exist? It is in Coldspring an area just north of Houston. Perhaps one who has some mechanical savvy. This would help me out immensely, and of course there will be no liability held against you...Thaks for your help...sl

tylerin

Commander
Re: Houston, Texas Members, (only) ha!

Huston? Is that next door to Houston :confused: <br />I'll shut up I'm from Socal too :D

ob

Admiral

Now there you go peaking again tylerin. :D

LadyFish

Admiral

Sure, I'd love to drive it!!!!! :) <br /><br />Seriously, I'm not sure how much help we'd be, <br />neither of us have much experience in the mechanics <br />of loaders and backhoes.

steve n carol

Chief Petty Officer

ladyfish, thankyou, but first you have to send/post your shrimp&scallop recipie....?

steve n carol

Chief Petty Officer

There, I eddittedded it, twice! sorry, I wont let happen aggin...sl

LadyFish

Admiral

Actually Steve, I posted it December 21, at 11:48 a.m. I even started a thread for you and the Mrs. but just for you here it is again:<br /><br />LadyFish's Shrimp 'n Scallops<br /><br />Ingredients:<br /><br />Frozen Pepperidge Farm, Puff Pastry Shells<br />Scallops, cooked shrimp, and/or crab<br />Béchamel sauce<br /><br />Filling Preparation: Start the puff pastry (see upper right) and whip up a nice Béchamel sauce since you have 20-25 minutes to work with.I add about 4 tablespoons real butter into frying pan, saute shrimp and scallops, cut larger scallops in halves or quarters, I also use fresh shrimp but frozen large or jumbo will work just as well (thaw first).Remove seafood from pan. Be sure you have at least 2-3 tlbs of butter left in pan. Add a couple of tblsp flour, mix well. Allow to cook a couple of minutes so you don’t taste the flour.<br /><br />Then use a little white wine about ½ cup, finished out with heavy cream or 12/ and 1/2. You want your sauce a bit thick and not too runny. I also add about 1/2 tsp of tomatoe paste just enough to give it a nice pink color. Then add the seafood.<br /><br />Shell Preparation: Follow the directions on the box and put the side stamped "TOP", face up on a cookie sheet in a preheated oven at 400 F for 20-25 minutes. Take them out a bit early before golden brown and use a paring knife to cut and remove the top. Make sure to remove any uncooked part from the inside using a fork or knife. Warning: If you over cook the shells you'll detect a smell like popcorn.<br /><br />When the shells are done it's fine to leave them out of the oven while waiting for the Béchamel to finish, but leave the oven on. With your seafood Béchamel take a teaspoon and fill the shells. It's always a nice touch to finish by putting 2-3 pieces of seafood right on top before replacing the round cover or top to the pastry. Turn the oven off and put them back in, taking them out in 4-7 minutes.<br /><br />Now can I drive ??? ;)

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Unless it is a different coldsprings from what I know, it is pretty far from Houston.<br /><br />Right in between San Antonio and Dallas.<br /><br />Ken

steve n carol

Chief Petty Officer

Ladyfsh, I don't know just where I was when you posted your Christmas recipie, but I thankyou for it, well, Carolyn thanks you. But I have It now!!!<br /><br /> Kenimpzoom , The machine is located in Coldspring, Tx. about 80 mi north of Houston and about 5 miles south of lake livingston. It's parked outside of this guys house, on the highway. He has it on e-bay...sl

KeltonKrew

Lieutenant

Cold springs is not far from Houston....It's on Lake Livingston - about an hour north of Houston. I have a weekend home on Livingston - about an hour from Cold springs. - go there every weekend.<br /><br />However, don't know much about crawlers.....drove plenty of tractors and front end loaders, but nothing really heavy duty. I have a small diesel tractor but don't really know how much help I could do you with this big piece of equipment.

steve n carol

Chief Petty Officer

Mike/kelton krew, <br />I sent you an email, thanks...sl