House Battery Bank with ACR

GCartwright

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I'm looking into adding two house batteries to the forward section and have a few questions.
The house battery will power two 400 Watt amplifier and typical house loads totalling about 90 amps. I would run 2/0 gauge from the transom mounted dual battery selector switch over a 20 ft run. There would be a ground buss bar in the head/storage cabinet in front of the helm where the amps will be located.
So to power the amps and house another cable needs to be brought up from load side of the switch back to the amp location (15 ft run) using 1/0 or 2/0.
I currently have two deep cycle wet cell batteries that will need to be upgraded to AGM when they fail.
Am I missing anything?

GCartwright

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Also, I've read conflicting info on what side of the switch to wire the acr up to, drawing shows load side

Attachments

• IMG_20210710_150534.jpg
    IMG_20210710_150534.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 11

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
I always do it on the load side. That way, if you have the switch off and a dual bank battery charger connected to the batteries, the ACR won't combine.

GCartwright

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I always do it on the load side. That way, if you have the switch off and a dual bank battery charger connected to the batteries, the ACR won't combine.
Thanks for the reply, will do the load side, I also decided to go with one house battery in the stern to reduce the cable run length and we will see how the one house battery preforms.