Hot sauce

magster65

Commander
What the hottest hot sauce you've come across? I had this stuff called 'Dave's insanity sauce'. I like it a little spicy now and then and I can handle hot stuff but... it was so hot I immediately got the hiccups and it burnt my taste buds. I couldn't taste the rest of my steak! :mad: (that's what color my face went)<br />I'd only put a little on one piece... be careful with it if you try some!

ehenry

Commander
Re: Hot sauce

I haven't found anyone that likes Dave's Insanity. I know folks that thought they could handle any type hot sauce but Dave's stuff burned them.

magster65

Commander

Oh yeah! That was a warning, it was waaaaaaaaay too hot for this cowboy!!

oddjob

Commander

Habaneros are my match....I just dipped my finger into some sauce I got for lunch but was afraid to use it..wheeeeeeeeoooo!!..If I had had it, I wouldnt make it home unscathed I'm sure. The one biggie I notice about getting older....

Pony

Rear Admiral

There is a "hot shop" up north where i always buy a selection of hot salsa and sauces. I can handle most of them, cept this one called the beast. a small amount goes along way, and im the type who drenches eggs and hashbrowns etc with jalepenos or hot sauce

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral

Dave's Insanity Sauce is just pure heat, with no redeaming value beyond that.

one more cast

Captain

The Red Dog Tavern makes some HOT sauce. They have a "wall of flame" and will put your name on it if you<br />can eat a dozen wings with armaggedon sauce on them. I think they even<br />give you the wings at no charge if you can eat them all. Anyway, the<br />bar is in the town of Inlet which in on Rt. 28 about 20 miles north of<br />Old Forge<br /> http://www.hotsaucezone.com/sauces/armageddon.html

dtherrien

Petty Officer 1st Class

I have a whole campartment in my frige for all of my hot sauces......i put it on everything.

magster65

Commander

Originally posted by One More Cast:<br /> The Red Dog Tavern makes some HOT sauce. They have a "wall of flame" and will put your name on it if you<br />can eat a dozen wings with armaggedon sauce on them. I think they even<br />give you the wings at no charge if you can eat them all. http://www.hotsaucezone.com/sauces/armageddon.html
That reminds me of a restaurant in Sparwood bc. They had a slogan for the 'Belly Buster burger'. It read, "Eat 3, get 'em free"... my buddy George somehow managed to do this. It was a disgusting display but I cheered him on!

cpj

Ensign

Daves is what I like to call "come on ice cream" hot sauce. :eek:

Tyme2fish

Commander

Dave's insanity is just what it says. INSANE. Place the tip of a toothpick in it,then apply the dipped toothpick in a BIG pot of beans and the Insanity is still there.

FSHKPR

Ensign

daves is real hot but i think DA Bomb is even hotter. altho i dont know you could tell. the only thing either one is good for is makeing spicey ketchup, and you only need a few drops of either one for a whole bottle of ketchup. had some others that are pretty hot too. but those two were the worse.

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral

High-end sauces:<br /><br />Dave’s Insanity Sauce (80,000 scoville units)<br />Mad Dog Inferno Sauce (89,500 scoville units)<br />Da'Bomb - Beyond Insanity (120,000 scoville units)<br />Mad Dog Inferno 1999 Limited Reserve (150,000 scoville units)<br />Da'Bomb - Ground Zero (234,000 scoville units)<br />Blair's Possible Side Effects (283,000 scoville units)<br />Mad Dog 357 (357,000 scoville units)

ndemge

Commander

a guy tried to kill me once, almost did it...<br /><br />1 TEASPOON of Daves Insanity of a piece of deer sausage. Throat closed up, was not a fun experience.

jsfinn

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Yeah, Daves is HOT.. but it doesn't taste good. <br /><br />There are better sauces that have heat (not as much as Daves) and good flavor too.

magster65

Commander

I like the heat of mild to medium chili sauce. Try this hot mango stuff some time. It's my favorite... excellent flavor and it's not too hot. Mmmmm, on a crock-pot roast... now I'm hungry...
PickleHotMango.jpg

rwise

Captain

The hottest sauce (all natural) I have found is one I make from the veins of Habanero peppers, the sauce comes out almost white. One drop in a bowl of chili does the job, and IF I ever make it again I will wear gloves, my hands burned for 3 days! :eek:

Ron G

Commander

rwise i made some haberano hotsauce once too,did it in the kitchen the air itself would burn your lungs,it was very good a few drops would do and had some flavor too.

rwise

Captain

I know what you mean! everyone leaves the house when I make any of the sauces I make! I also use a lot of tie peppers. Through half a dozen or so of them into a kung pow and watch people run for the door!