HOT HORN

djzyla1980

Chief Petty Officer
Ok... since she's running right(as far as I know) and I want to take her to the lake today thought I would question the hot horn.... so I grounded her out and nothing.... no light horn nothing. Where do I start in the control box or on the engine??

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
Re: HOT HORN

Did you have the key in the RUN position? Did you disconnect the tan wire and ground the wire from the sensor or the end of the wire going to the horn? If you grounded the sensor wire, nothing would happen.

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

Dave....did you try grounding from each head? Each head has it's own temp sensor. If nothing from each sensor, split the control box and remove the alarm horn. Put the contacts of the horn across a battery and see it works. Most likely the horn is dead or a poor contact to the horn.

djzyla1980

Chief Petty Officer

Haven't checked ground in control unit yet.... Will do that tomorrow...<br />Yes I grounded it to the head... I'm thinking dead horn on this one

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

Dave....don't overlook the ground inside the control box as BassCat suggested.

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner

1970 115's didnt have a horn. They had a light.

Basscat 1

Chief Petty Officer

Yea, thats right they had the push button control.
1087.gif
<br />I always thought those were neat.

djzyla1980

Chief Petty Officer

Do you want it basscat.... cause it's causing me alot of pain..... and time... I'll throw the motor in for free also...lol One day....one day it will be right...<br /><br />Back on topic Since it's a light... can you replace bulbs or try to find the whole thingy (light cover and all) or am I outta luck on this one?

alden135

Lieutenant Commander

I replaced my crusty old light with a generic one from the auto parts store. My light was dash mounted so I just bought a push in lamp holder. I think it was 2 bucks.

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

Good ol' Mr D.....keeping us straight again.... :)