Hospitality ~ British style

LadyFish

Admiral
An American tourist in London decides to skip his tour group and<br />explore the city on his own.<br /><br /><br />He wanders around, seeing the sights, and occasionally stopping at a<br />quaint pub to soak up the local culture, chat with the lads, and have<br />a pint of Guinness. After awhile, he finds himself in a very high<br />class neighborhood.....big, stately residences... no pubs, no stores, no<br />restaurants, and worst of all... NO PUBLIC RESTROOMS.<br /><br /><br />He really, really has to go, after all those Guinness's. He finds a<br />narrow side street, with high walls surrounding the adjacent buildings<br />and decides to use the wall to solve his problem.<br /><br />As he is unzipping, he is tapped on the shoulder by a London Bobbie,<br />who says, "I say, sir, you simply cannot do that here, you know."<br /><br />"I'm very sorry, officer," replies the American, "but I really, really<br />HAVE TO GO, and I just can't find a public restroom."<br /><br />"Ah, yes," said the Bobbie..."Just follow me". He leads him to a back<br />"delivery alley", then along a wall to a gate, which he opens.<br /><br />"In there," points the Bobbie. "Whiz away SIR, anywhere you want."<br />The fellow enters and finds himself in the most beautiful garden he<br />has ever seen. Manicured grass lawns, statuary, fountains, sculptured<br />hedges, and huge beds of gorgeous flowers, all in perfect bloom.<br /><br />Since he has the cop's blessing, he unburdens himself and is greatly<br />relieved. As he goes back through the gate, he says to the Bobbie<br />"That was really decent of you... is that what you call "British<br />Hospitality?"<br /><br />"No sir", replied the Bobbie... "that is what we call the French<br />Embassy." :D

dolluper

Captain
Re: Hospitality ~ British style

Hay SS we got the monoploy on that here because we got a whole province of *****becers

Fly Rod

Commander

:) HAAA!!!! HAAA!!!<br /><br />Very good!!!! ;) :cool:

beezee28

Master Chief Petty Officer

Heee...Heee... I think that is why they are called FROGIE... :D :D

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander

Originally posted by SS Mayfloat:<br /> Hmmmm, guess the Brits don't like em eithier.
Yep, The French were despised by the British long before it was pc in the USA

tfjrc2

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I think those two even had something called the "100 year war" but it actually lasted about 130 years.<br />Must be something in the genes after so long.....

gaugeguy

Captain

:D :D :D <br /><br />I'd be offended if I was Cheese Eating Surrender Monkey French instead of just French Canadian :p

Triton II

Commander

More modern British don't like the French because they capitulated to the Nazis in WWII in order to "save" Paris. This enabled the Luftwaffe's aircraft to be based close enough to the UK to bomb London, Coventry etc. I worked with the Brits in the Royal Air Force for many years and they have a genuine antagonism towards the "Frogs", yet strangely don't seem to mind the Germans (as much!). Funnily enough, it's the Brits and the Portuguese who have the longest history of co-operation, I'm guessing here, but I don't think those two countries have ever been to war against each other.

Twidget

Commander

I used to work with a guy who was in the US Army during WWII. His unit worked with the French quite a bit and he said the better soldier/man was on the other side. He absolutely despised the French.<br /><br />According to him, his father was in WWI and had similar feelings.