HORSE POWER

gasguzzler

Seaman Apprentice
I WAS THINKING OF ADDING NITROUS OXIDE INJECTION TO MY 1984 MERC 50HP 4 CYLINDER.HAS ANYONE ANY INFO THEY COULD SHARE ON THIS.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: HORSE POWER

Wear a suit of good armor, GG.

Clams Canino

Commander

Since the thing breathes in a closed cowling, it would be easy enough to do - just relese it into the cowling and it'll find it's way to the carbs.<br /><br />That said..... there's a good chance the increased operating temps will melt the aluminum pistons.<br /><br />-W

JasonJ

Rear Admiral

Like JB said, you may have moderate success-for about 3 seconds, then there will either be shrapnel stuck in your back, or a large melted slag of aluminum that used to say "Merc" on it. If you want more power, get a larger motor. I am not 100% sure, but I don't think a 2 stroke motor will respond well to nitrous. You have to inject more fuel as well as the nitrous, and for some odd reason all I can picture is pistons melted to cylinder walls. I don't recomment it, but if you do it, please video it so we can see. I ain't see'd nuttin get blowed up since my Army days...

Chinewalker

Fleet Admiral

Simply put - it won't work. As was said previously, if you want to go faster, get a bigger motor. If you can't afforda bigger motor, then optimize the set-up you've got now. Lots written here on iboats regarding set-up and propping your motor correctly...<br />- Scott