Hookup propane lp stove?

bgillen

Cadet
HELLO, I HAVE A NEW PROPANE STOVE. (PLASTIMO NEPTUPE 4500-1 SER#857743). GAS TUBE.jpgTHE GAS INLET IS A 8MM BARE TUBE. I'VE BEEM TOLD I NEED TO FLARE IT AND USE A 5/16" FEMALE FLARE TO 3/8" MALE FLARE TO HOOK ON HOSE AND REG. SO THAT ALL MAKES SENSE TO ME BUT i CAN'T SEEM TO FIND ANYWHERE THAT SELLS A FITTING LIKE THAT FOR PROPANE!

ANY HELP OR OTHER IDEAS??

JoLin

Vice Admiral
Re: Hookup propane lp stove?

Hi. First, is that the advice that Plastimo gave you? I'd get direction from the company that made the thing. Second (and hopefully you know this already), using bulk propane tanks safely on a boat is much more involved than just hooking it up to a regulator and tank. Will the tank be housed in a vapor-proof propane locker, vented to the outside, and with an automatic shutoff solenoid?

I apologize if you've already taken care of the safety aspects, but some people don't klnow this stuff.

Bondo

Staff member
Re: Hookup propane lp stove?

Hi. First, is that the advice that Plastimo gave you? I'd get direction from the company that made the thing. Second (and hopefully you know this already), using bulk propane tanks safely on a boat is much more involved than just hooking it up to a regulator and tank. Will the tank be housed in a vapor-proof propane locker, vented to the outside, and with an automatic shutoff solenoid?

I apologize if you've already taken care of the safety aspects, but some people don't klnow this stuff.

Ayuh,... Welcome Aboard,.... Propane is heavier than air, ya gotta be real careful....

Where are ya,..?? those sizes you state are odd, for North America...

What's with the Cap-lock,..??