honeymoon

Ron G

Commander
getting married it looks like in may,she,s wanting going somewere seclude but not to seclude doesnt care for sightseeing looking possibly at the bahamas or virgin islands any body have any ideas for me,everthing i seem to find cost a arm and leg and is more for the sightseeing and possible staying in a bungaloo?? or something like that,thanks its already started :) i think these is the only job i have to do?

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Re: honeymoon

Silver City Colorado<br />Vesper Wisconsin

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

LF has it. Belize in May.

Ron G

Commander

Thanks for the replys ill look into belize.roscoe i always wanted to go to those places but i think she has more of sand beaches and oceans in mind maybe i could sneak away and do some fishing in belize,all yea shes never been to the ocean before and ive never been on a plane before.

eeboater

Commander

Ron... there is a resort at the entrance to Denali National Park in Alaska. Awesome resort from what I saw. We stayed in an RV and ate at the resort, but the sights of the mountains were awesome. I know you didn't want sightseeing, but at least when you wake up and relax, there's nice sights out the window.<br /><br />Plus, Alaska is just absolutely beautiful.<br /><br />My close number two is where I went on my honeymoon. We went to Vegas. Now, before you say WHAT?! Think about it this way; if you don't like to gamble book your trip through FunJet. They got us Great seats at lots of Vegas shows.<br /><br />You'll get pampered, see the what is an awesome area, and have a general all-around good time. I guarantee it. We didn't gamble a cent whilest we were there for a whole week. Did a lot of walking. Figured out how to go from MGM Grand to Bellagio without going outside for more than 3 minutes. (We went over July 4th :eek: )<br /><br />Sean

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

I think that sand, surf and sun is more conducive to the mood and event! ;) <br /><br />Besides, ya don't have to pack many clothes. :eek: :D

eeboater

Commander

LMAO - your very right there... It all depends on what trips your fancy. Mrs. eeboater and I didn't want the typical sandy beach. Thought it might get boring... What we got was the exact opposite of boring. In fact, its a story that I need to post on a different thread - so I don't hijack his post :D <br /><br />Sean

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Belize, hmm, stay at the resort where they filmed the original "survivor" tv show. My former boss owns it now that he sold the company.<br /><br />You've always wanted to go to those places, right, nobody wants to go to Vesper Wisconsin. :) <br /><br />But Silver City CO is nice.

stan_deezy

Lieutenant Commander

In May?<br /><br />SCOTLAND :D <br /><br />Sun (70% guarantee)<br />Sand (100% guarantee)<br />Surf (90% guarnatee)<br /><br />temp will be around 16-22'C (so you'll need to hug lots :D <br /><br />and the food is great<br /><br />and the citizens speak english (well, sort of!)

Ron G

Commander

My future bride is going to break me on the honymoon :) i still like belize not to expensive.im going to vent why do women buy these bride magazines with all this glamores stuff and these dream honeymoons to tahiti staying in a bungallow over the water and breakfast delivered by canoe??i told here if she alredy knew what she wanted why let pictures in a magazine change here mind?/i just had to get that out of me before i poped thanks for letting me vent and just think i get 8 more monthes of this planning :)

Dave Abrahamson

Lieutenant

Rent a houseboat on the St. Johns or Suwannee rivers in FL. You'll still have a waterfront bungalo, but the view is constantly changing. :)

stan_deezy

Lieutenant Commander

8 months is just the start of it Ron :rolleyes: <br /><br />always remember the golden rules:<br /><br />1. The marriage licence is just a downpayment followed by your wages for the rest of your life :D <br /><br />2. A woman sees three things when she walks into the church: the aisle, the alter and then you and that's the way she thinks: "Aisle Alter You" :D <br /><br />3. Take a long hard look at the future mother-in-law cos thats what you're getting :eek:

Cranky18

Petty Officer 2nd Class

3. Take a long hard look at the future mother-in-law cos thats what you're getting <br />
Wow, it must be the same worldwide! :D

Ron G

Commander

aisle alter you :) :) Dave if i did id have to go bass fishing,might not be a good idea me in florida with all those basses the temtation would be too great :D

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

Fishing in Belize is awesome...look up San Pedro Town on Ambergris Caye, or one of the resorts on that island. 10 minute flight from Belize City Airport, about $25, or a half-hour water taxi ride. Try the Key Lime Pie at the Cannibal Cafe (motto: "We'd love to have you for dinner" - I'm not making this up). <br /><br />It's primarily a dive destination, but the reef fishing is a blast...just walk down to one of the dive shops & ask if they've got a fishing guide available for tomorrow. Deep sea fishing is also excellent but 4x the cost.<br /><br />Merchants will accept US$, the official language is English. Tours of Mayan ruins.

all thumbs

Chief Petty Officer

Mabey you can put it off for twenty five years like I did :D

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

My niece and her new husband took their honeymoon a year ago June in Moorea out in the middle of the Pacific Ocean. Its out by Tahiti, but such a little secluded island. They swam with the dolfins and all that kind of stuff.Had their own little bungalow. She loved it! Just thought I'd mention it. <br />Bassy