Honda BF135hp 2015

Andy1804

Cadet
Hi.
I had beeen trolling fishing for an hour at low revs...but when i accelerated up to 3800rpm the Honda malfunction alarm went off every 1 to 2 second intervals with reduced power...no juddering or missing..when in neutral the engine ticked over with no issues....I turned engine off and re-started which silenced the alarm....I slowly increased revs back upto 4000rpm which went well for 1 or 2 minutes.before alarm come back on with reduced power...I'm guessing it's a sensor....has anybody had a similar problem which would give me an idea where to start looking...Thanks

KJM

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Hi.
I had beeen trolling fishing for an hour at low revs...but when i accelerated up to 3800rpm the Honda malfunction alarm went off every 1 to 2 second intervals with reduced power...no juddering or missing..when in neutral the engine ticked over with no issues....I turned engine off and re-started which silenced the alarm....I slowly increased revs back upto 4000rpm which went well for 1 or 2 minutes.before alarm come back on with reduced power...I'm guessing it's a sensor....has anybody had a similar problem which would give me an idea where to start looking...Thanks
whens the last time you changed the impeller?