Honda b7.5 hp no spark

loiner1965

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Right gentlemen Checked ignition coil and I get readings from the live to an earth point Also readings when I connect between both ht leads Checked the primary coil inside the flywheel which also gives me readings I will post readings if anyone wants them The points have been re set but were heavily pitted so the condenser must be on its way out I fitted new plugs and gapped them smaller as suggested but still no spark If I connect the meter between plug leads and pull on the recoil starter I do get a reading so electricity is being produced Any help much welcomed

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Although electricity is being produced, is not produced sufficiently as to produce a visible spark on plug. Electric parts are not eternal, eventually will fail, worst if being an oldie. If you need to gap less a plug than fact specified to produce a spark, you have a unhealthly IC. Does that engine have a CD ?

Happy Boating

loiner1965

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Sorry gentlemen for not updating It was the points /condenser at fault I took readings from the primary and ignition coils which were not to Honda spec but read online they never were and I managed to source a second hand points / condenser . Cleaned and gapped and it started first time but would spit through the carb when revving..... Like a numpty I broke the fibre part of the points when fitting so had to use the old pitted points etc until I sourced another set which I did. It not starts first pull and runs great