Honda 7.5hp peeing issue

Trmsail

Recruit
Looking for a little guidance since I'm trying to teach myself to be more mechanically savvy with this motor. I took it all apart and cleaned and fixed everything and it was running great for a week or so. Now when I start it the pee stream is nice and strong like normal but stops completely after 5-10 seconds. I have it in a drum of water so I can't see if it's leaking from the bottom of the lower unit but not sure where to start or what to look for. Any suggestions or anyone have this happen before?

MattFL

Master Chief Petty Officer
If the pee stream is very strong, then suddenly stops, I suspect something is clogging it up. While the motor is running, can you stick a stiff string or wire up there (weed whacker string is great) to see if you can dislodge anything?

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
You can't possibly run a motor on a bucket at slow rpm and expect to achieve a strong water pressure to pee well if suspect having some form of internal clog.

WD-40, Carb Cleaner Spray cannulas works very well too. Will be more efficient to put that motor on a boat and on water, start it till sufficiently warmed up, poke cannulas up/down several times inside the peeing port, go for a wot run and check if the internal water restriction was completely cleared...

Happy Boating