Homemade sabiki keeper

Florida

Seaman
For just three easy payments of $ 99.99 you too can own what guides are calling the greatest breakthrough in sabiki technology ever. The construction features:
Pallet plank
Mouse trap bail wires
SS nails
Rubber bands
#8 sabiki
Aluminum push pins
It only took a couple of beverages to assemble this.
http://i1212.photobucket.com/albums/cc457/slimecoat/fishing022.jpg

http://i1212.photobucket.com/albums/cc457/slimecoat/fishing021.jpg

http://i1212.photobucket.com/albums/cc457/slimecoat/fishing023.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

sasto

Captain
Re: Homemade sabiki keeper

Very nice, Florida...that ought to to keep them neat and the hooks out of your fingers. Anybody who has ever fished sabikis has had a hook or two in a finger. I use sabiki rods.... where the whole rig reels into a funnel tip and stays enclosed. Good thinkin'.

royal0014

Master Chief Petty Officer

Ok, I'll bite....What the heck is a sabiki?

Contraption looks like a snelled hook holder, but nicer. Good job. $300.00 seems a little steep, though. What's the s/h cost :eek:

:D

<<)))(((>>

sasto

Captain

Ok, I'll bite....What the heck is a sabiki?

Contraption looks like a snelled hook holder, but nicer. Good job. $300.00 seems a little steep, though. What's the s/h cost :eek:

:D

<<)))(((>>

Hi Royal.

I don't know what Florida uses them for in freshwater, I would like to know, but we use them in saltwater for baitfish. They are a series of hooks with small feathers....attach a pyramid sinker to the lower end...using light tackle...and jig them up and down at the depth of the baitfish. My area we target sardines, greenies, bunker, blue runners near shore...then head out for the hungry big'uns.

Some use them in the surf tipped with pieces of shrimp for whiting and croakers.

ponyman460

Seaman Apprentice

nice little creation you have there. I am like most.....use them once and toss them in the garbage. Might not next time

sasto

Captain

nice little creation you have there. I am like most.....use them once and toss them in the garbage. Might not next time

I always did too, ponyman, till I bought some sabiki rods. If you use sabikis alot, the rods are better than sliced bread. 4 people baitfishing times $4 the price can add up over time. The sibiki reels down into the rod via a funnel tip.

Think I will try Florida's method too.

Sorry Florida.....I have everything to make it here right at home. :cool:

fishmonster13

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Hi Royal.

I don't know what Florida uses them for in freshwater, I would like to know, but we use them in saltwater for baitfish. They are a series of hooks with small feathers....attach a pyramid sinker to the lower end...using light tackle...and jig them up and down at the depth of the baitfish. My area we target sardines, greenies, bunker, blue runners near shore...then head out for the hungry big'uns.

Some use them in the surf tipped with pieces of shrimp for whiting and croakers.

we use them for skipjack herring(bait)

cat toon

Seaman

Here in Arkansas we use the sabiki rigs to catch our bait for catfishing[Fresh water Herring AKA skipjack]

cat toon

Seaman

Here in Arkansas we use the sabiki rigs to catch our bait for catfishing[Fresh water Herring AKA skipjack]
Here is a sabiki rig in use,catching two at a time.

Attachments

• 207670_1018202589267_1549311_n.jpg
    207670_1018202589267_1549311_n.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 0

Wind dog

Petty Officer 1st Class

Also works great for squid & Sanddabs.

Sasto, I've seen them (The sabiki rods) in catalogs but never in person, I was told they have the feel of a broom stick though.