Homemade boat cover bows / poles

Captain Belly

Recruit
I made some PVC bows for my jon boat in order to tent the cover up so the rain doesn't pool. this design works really well, and is very easy to make, as well as inexpensive. thought I'd share it with other folks. I made a you tube video on how to make it. see link below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSnJl88h45M

62 ROYAL SCOTT

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Homemade boat cover bows / poles

HELLO a Captain got to do what a Captain got to do and it works, nice and cheap. THANK'S

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Welcome to iboats.

Very nice and a very good simple idea.

Home Cookin'

Fleet Admiral

I needed to raise the stern part of the cover a couple feet, so I buil;t a frame back there: put 2' long pieces of broomstick in the rod holders, then got a piece of 2" PVC the width of the boat, and put a 90* bend in each end to fit over the sticks. Held the cover up enough to shed water.

I saw a feller use plastic saw horses. Set them on the deck and covered the boat with a tarp. I liked the PVC idea however; it's a lot less money. Good plan Captain! Thanks for sharing.

I noticed your youtube starts with an advertisement. Do you have someone that sponsors you, or do you do something to have the advertisement, or does youtube just do it without your knowing?

ChaseMaine

Cadet

That is a cool idea! My frame is also made out of PVC, the pvc fits over the seat pedestals to keep it upright and its worked good so far!

Attachments

• boat 2.jpg
    boat 2.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 1
  • boat 2.jpg
    boat 2.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 1

BonairII

Commander

Great idea and great video. The pvc is cheap, will last forever....and doesn't make a covered boat look like an eyesore.