Home office hazard- augh!!

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander
I'm not one to stop progress especially in the town I live in.<br /><br />A new High School building this year<br />A new Middle School building last year<br />A new Fire House and a 3 new emergency vehicles 3yrs ago<br />5 'bored-out-of-their-wits' Law Enforcement Officers<br />Nearly 0 (that's a goose egg) Industry for tax relief<br /><br />....but when you're dealing with phone calls and trying to consentrate on work...<br /> having this -
5sp3t
outside your 'office' window ...<br /><br /> WHICH IS MY #&$!*#&^% FRONT YARD!! :rolleyes: <br /><br />It's a bit of A 'catch-22' seeing the lots across the street from me finally get built on.<br /><br />pardon the rant .. I'm going nuts here

KaGee

Admiral
Re: Home office hazard- augh!!

Now ya got a hole in the yard to match your hole in the water!<br />(Snick!) :p

ebbtide176

Commander

now that would absolutely bite!!!<br /><br />but at least you have something other to look at, than watching the grass grow. you can watch the hole in the yard grow :D and do not think of filling the hole with water and adding fish while they're not digging - then you'll have a muddy sidewalk to cleanup ;)

aspeck

Staff member

Hey ebb, if fish are living in it, then it is a waterway by federal standards and cannot be touched! It is a tall order for one night, but can you get the well driller in there ASAP to dig the spring that will keep the hole filled with water - and get it filled with fish and aquatic life in one night - or over a weekend. Then come in Monday morning and you have a verifiable wetlands! Building stops and you fish to your hearts content!<br /><br />Just a thought.

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

I've had multiple calls since noon inquiring about the 'improvements' I'm making.<br /><br />One asking me how I coaxed the township into installing a pool in my front yard.<br /><br />Another from a neighbor asking me if I'm putting a hot tub next to my pool.<br /><br />Then to top it all off - my Insurance Agent lives in town also .... the greedy bugger said he'll get my policy adjusted by 5pm. for me ... gosh, he's on the ball.<br /><br />I think they're all in this together.<br /><br />" I call shenanigans!! "<br /><br />hmmmmmm- wait a minute ... that's an idea!! <br /><br />OK. Who knows what the going rates on Walleye and Perch fingerlings are??

thedude7803

Petty Officer 3rd Class

barlow,<br /><br />where in Wisconsin are you? I live in this great state as well and am just curious.

Ralph 123

Captain

Hey Barlow - where did your town get the money to build all that stuff? Kerry just got through telling us they are only building schools and firehouses in Iraq. is wisconsin in Iraq? :confused:

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

Welcome to my own little 1-1/10 acre of taxation HELL!!<br /><br />Marshall, WI<br /><br />I can't answer that cuz i stay out of the areas political BS. Small town disease you know.<br /><br />-BUT- I do know that a bunch of us try and pay for at least a few months worth of deisel fuel and electric bills by buying 'adult barley beverages' at the Firemans festival ... <br /><br />Realistically I think we just barely manage to pay for new paint for the fire hydrants.

thedude7803

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Barlow,<br /><br />I could nearly spit on you from my house. I live in the booming town of London, which is just north of Cambridge. Our taxes aren't exactly cheap either, Cambridge is enjoying their new schools as well.