Holley Terminator fuel injected carb tuning 98 Baja Outlaw

98BajaOutlaw

Cadet
Hi everybody!
I recently installed a Holley terminator fuel injection system on my 98 Baja. I am looking for some help dialing in the numbers and adjustments on the system as I can't seem to figure it out.
Background on the engine, it was a 200 hour boat but about a year ago I had the engine gone through and upgraded. Sitting around 500+ HP. 10 on the compression.

-Last experience with the boat is that is started perfect and ran perfect in the driveway.
-From trailer to docking it started/idled perfect.
-Restarting once leaving dock 5 min later was slightly worse than that of the on land and first water start.
-idle to out of wake zone went fine
-Engine bogged down as soon as I tried to advance the throttle
-After trying to advance it 3 times it died.
-Didnt want to restart for about 15 min.
-Seems like it was flooded but took throttle to restart.

Thanks for any help,
Sam

Attachments

• Baja carb fuel injection .pdf
    3.3 MB · Views: 3

alldodge

Staff member
I would post on Offshore only and see if you get member ICDEDPPL. He installed one of the higher end setups and knows them pretty well

Your running 10 to 1 compression?

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
Holley doesn't market a Terminator FI that is USCG compliant, they do however have a few Sniper FI systems that at USCG compliant, though they require an Exhaust Sensor to operate correctly.

98BajaOutlaw

Cadet
Holley doesn't market a Terminator FI that is USCG compliant, they do however have a few Sniper FI systems that at USCG compliant, though they require an Exhaust Sensor to operate correctly.
I saw that but when I talked to them they recommended this one. Has an o2 sensor in one manifold with an aftermarket cooling setup so the water doesn’t come anywhere near the sensor

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
I saw that but when I talked to them they recommended this one. Has an o2 sensor in one manifold with an aftermarket cooling setup so the water doesn’t come anywhere near the sensor
They still recommended a noncompliant System, even after you told them it was for a Marine Application? Me thinks Holley is in need of a Legality Attitude Adjustment

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
I hope your Boat doesn't go Kaboom. There are reasons why there are USCG Regulations/Restrictions, and the Price for them was many People's Live's