Holiday owners, can you help me out?

and2ram

Seaman
I'm trying to figure out if Starcraft changed some dimensions on late model Holidays? I don't have the lapstrake look hull and for some reason my boat seems 'skinnier' than some of the older Holdiays, maybe it's just the windhsield, I dunno...

I'm looking for someone who could provide me with measurments from their boat that I can compare with my 1989. Here's what I'd like:

1. Side Depth on the outside of the hull from just below the spray rail to the top of the gunwale.
2. Interior depth from the floor to the top of the gunwale
3. Length of cockpit from the dash to the back of the cockpit (just in front of the splashwell)
4. Width of the cockpit from from inside the gunwales.

Thanks!

Grandad

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Holiday owners, can you help me out?

Hi and2ram. You might get a better response if you tell us what your dimensions are first. Sorta, if you show me yours, I'll show you mine. There's quite a size range of Holidays out there. I'll measure my 1972 21' I/O, if that's somewhere near your boat's length. - Grandad

heyyou325

Chief Petty Officer

From memory, my 21 ft holiday machIV (that just means inboard, I think) is 21' 8" long, and at the widest 8' 4" . I measured from the outer edge of the spray rail to the top of the gunnel is 30 1/2" at he operators seat, and 30 1/2" to the decking, from the gunnel, that could vary with how the decking is installed, and size. Oh, it's a 74. Tag says 74 holliday mach IV, Title says runabout.

low277

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I checked some measurements on my V221 Holiday 1981 I think.

#1. 31" at the transom from the bottom of the rivets that attach the spray rail to the hull, it measures about 32" at the dash area and taper to about 22" where it stops at the bow plate.

#2. Inside depth from carpeted floor to tunnel top at the transom is 26", increasing to 29" just behind the front seats and about 30.5" right near the dash.

#3. 12' 6" from the front of the transom to the the back edge of the dash, from this point forward under the covered bow is at least 7' 6" (it is hard to get up front).

#4. Width inside of the tunnel at the dash is about 74", about 76" amidship and about 78" at the transom. The gunnels on mine are about 8" thick with the rub rail overhanging on the outside about 3/4". Mine has a i/o in it and the transom cap is about 14" deep. All measurements where taken from the inside edge of this transom cap.

Hope this helps

Low277

and2ram

Seaman

I checked some measurements on my V221 Holiday 1981 I think.
Hope this helps
Low277

It's amazing how a 1yr old and snow can delay things. Thanks for the response low277. That 221 is a beast! You're in NW MN, where do you boat mostly?

I have some measurements from my boat which is a 1989 Holiday 180.

1. Bottom of spray rail to gunwale (side height)-25"

2. Inside depth from top of gunwale to floor-25"

3. Length of cockpit-105"

4. Cockpit width-60-1/2" (I ended up measuring the width at the floor as opposed to the gunwale)

Overall my boat is pretty much exactly 18' long and has a beam of 81-1/2". I thought the hull looked a little lower than my Sylvan SS18 which had an inside depth of 27". It makes a difference, but 25" is still pretty deep.

Any 18' Holiday owners have dimensions? For that matter it would be interesting to compare the specs of the SS as well.

Thanks guys!

dozerII

Admiral

Hey and2ram, if you to the brochures section at the top of the starcraft section you will find all kinds of measurements for different years of Holidays and others.

and2ram

Seaman

Hey and2ram, if you to the brochures section at the top of the starcraft section you will find all kinds of measurements for different years of Holidays and others.

Unfortunately the brochures aren't really usable anymore. I'm not sure if it's the hosting server or just me but the scanned pages open as tiny little pictures. Also, I'm not sure they ever went into detail like side height, inside depth, and cockpit size. My saved '90 brochure only lists length, beam, weight, hull gauge, and std and opt features.

low277

Petty Officer 2nd Class

and2ram, I do most of my boating on the sw part of Lake of the Woods, launching mostly out of Warroad, MN. I try to get up to the NW Angle once a year. Ontario has the best parts of the lake.

heyyou325

Chief Petty Officer

Dozer, I measured mine while it was torn apart, and the length is 2" longer than the brochure, checked it three times. I hadn't measured to the rails, and had to remeasure the transom as my memory isn't always correct. Those brochures are a bit hard to read sometimes.

dozerII

Admiral

Dozer, I measured mine while it was torn apart, and the length is 2" longer than the brochure, checked it three times. I hadn't measured to the rails, and had to remeasure the transom as my memory isn't always correct. Those brochures are a bit hard to read sometimes.

I was looking at the brochures this morning, couple were okay and then a couple weren't.

heyyou325

Chief Petty Officer

I could enlarge mine and read, but going from one page to another, as they are 2 page. Also I don't remember the arrows there to go from page to page. It appears easier to read now. Anyways, I just thought I'd help with measurements, not on much anymore.