HOLIDAY EATING TIPS

LadyFish

Admiral
1. Avoid carrot sticks. Anyone who puts carrots on a holiday buffet table knows nothing of the Christmas spirit. In fact, if you see carrots, <br />leave immediately. Go next door, where they're serving rum balls.<br /><br />2. Drink as much eggnog as you can. And quickly. Like fine single-malt scotch, it's rare. In fact, it's even rarer than single-malt scotch. You can't find it any other time of year but now. So drink up! Who cares that it has 10,000 calories in every sip? It's not as if you're going to<br />turn into an eggnog-aholic or something. It's a treat. Enjoy it. Have one for me. Have two. It's later than you think. It's Christmas!<br /><br />3. If something comes with gravy, use it. That's the whole point of gravy. Gravy does not stand alone. Pour it on. Make a volcano out of your <br />mashed potatoes. Fill it with gravy. Eat the volcano. Repeat.<br /><br />4. As for mashed potatoes, always ask if they're made with skim milk or whole milk. If it's skim, pass. Why bother? It's like buying a sports <br />car with an automatic transmission.<br /><br />5. Do not have a snack before going to a party in an effort to control your eating. The whole point of going to a Christmas party is to eat other<br />people's food for free. Lots of it. Hello?<br /><br />6. Under no circumstances should you exercise between now and New Year's. You can do that in January when you have nothing else to do.<br />This is the time for long naps, which you'll need after circling the buffet table while carrying a 10-pound plate of food and that vat of eggnog.<br /><br />7. If you come across something really good at a buffet table, like frosted Christmas cookies in the shape and size of Santa, position yourself <br />near them and don't budge. Have as many as you can before becoming the center of attention. They're like a beautiful pair of shoes. If you leave them <br />behind, you're never going to see them again.<br /><br />8. Same for pies. Apple. Pumpkin. Mincemeat. Have a slice of each. Or, if you don't like mincemeat, have two apples and one pumpkin. Always have three. When else do you get to have more than one dessert? Labor Day?<br /><br />9. Did someone mention fruitcake? Granted, it's loaded with the mandatory celebratory calories, but avoid it at all cost. I mean, have some <br />standards.<br /><br />10. One final tip: If you don't feel terrible when you leave the party or get up from the table, you haven't been paying attention. Reread tips; start over, but hurry, January is just around the corner.<br /><br />Remember this motto to live by:<br /><br />"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in<br />sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

NYMINUTE

Captain
Re: HOLIDAY EATING TIPS

5.gif
<br /><br />Oh boy! Are you in for it now LF. I'm sending a fax to the ADKINS People. You can expect them at your door this afternoon. They will be carrying weapons of mass destruction. Large Loafs of bread, pounds of pasta, and fresh Floriduh fruit. (No I don't mean PeeWee Herman). They will seek a recant of those tips posted and demand you eat 5 lbs. of bacon in 30 seconds, and wash it down with a 8 oz. tumbler of frying grease. Oh you are sooooo bad. :D

tcube

Petty Officer 1st Class

LF - I try my best to enforce those rules from Thanksgiving thru New Years Day. Do I feel like a pig - you bet!! :D :D

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Good advice, LF.<br /><br />I will follow to the letter. :) <br /><br />Oh, except the fruitcake. I will eat that, too.

NYMINUTE

Captain

Originally posted by JB:<br /> Good advice, LF.<br /><br />I will follow to the letter. :) <br /><br />Oh, except the fruitcake. I will eat that, too.
Sure hope the Fruitcakes aren't the ones who work for me..... :D :D

one more cast

Captain

They quit making fruit cake years ago, the fruit cake you got as a gift this year was someone else's gift last and someone else's the year before. Your not really supposed to eat them. Are you? :eek:

NYMINUTE

Captain

Originally posted by One More Cast:<br /> They quit making fruit cake years ago, the fruit cake you got as a gift this year was someone else's gift last and someone else's the year before. Your not really supposed to eat them. Are you? :eek:
Should be used for mouse proving boat during winter layup. Can also be used as a nifty foundation for a small work shed..say 8X8'.<br />Keep fruit cake out of reach of small children, and household pets. Can be fed to teenagers who break house rules or "I forgot" alot.

62_Kiwi

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Well I plan to follow these instructions to the letter....and if anyone asks - I'm on the "Ladyfish Diet" :D

aspeck

Staff member

Only fruitcakes I will eat are the ones made by Harry and David - now they are good - all fruit and nuts, only enough batter to hold the fruit and nuts together. Oh, and my SIL makes a fruit cake very similar to H&D, I will eat that one also.

KaGee

Admiral

Fruitcake???<br /><br />BOAT ANCHOR !

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

egg nog .. hmmmm... needs Brandy and Rum to be consumed here.. usually substituted with Tom and Jerry mix for the adults..<br /><br />In Mug:<br /><br />-1 shot Korbel or Christian Brothers Brandy<br />-1 shot Bacardi or Meyers Dark Rum<br />- then add:<br />-2 genorous scoups (with a table spoon :D ) Tom & Jerry mix<br />-1/8 tsp nutmeg<br />-then stir while pouring in boiling water to fill mug .. <br /><br />*note: don't completely fill the mug... you may have to adjust the 'octane' levels of the mixture per size of the mug.. ;) <br /><br />another thing to note is that you will become highly immobile after an evening of Tom and Jerry's things seem to get a little more funny and a little more bland to the taste buds.... must be the nutmeg :D ;) <br /><br />Merry Christmas :D :cool: