Hole in Gas Tank

brother chris

Commander
My son, sister and myself were out riding my son's 1971 Arctic Cat 50cc mini bike on the weekend and both bolts that hold the tank on worked themselves off. The tank fell off and my sis drove over it putting a 5" hole in the side of it. <br /> :eek: <br />The tank is metal and the whole mini bike is a classic. I want the tank to be original, so buying an aftermarket tank won't cut it. <br />Is there any way I can fix this myself or is there people out there who fix these things? I never had to have a mini bike gas tank repaired before. And I wonder how much it will cost compared to trying to find another one(which would probably be impossible). They haven't made these mini bikes since the early 70's.<br />Thanks for any info.<br />Bro Chris...

SoulWinner

Commander
Re: Hole in Gas Tank

Take it to any hog shop and they can fix it up for you, or tell you who can.

Dave Abrahamson

Lieutenant

Maybe this guy can fix it up for ya :D <br /><br />
a2_1_b.JPG

ndemge

Commander

I would think any good body shop should be able to fix it. It's just sheet metal.

randycc58

Seaman

I agree to take it to any hog shop. or take it to your local welder. He will tig weld it for you without making it look horrible. from there you can refinish the tank.

brother chris

Commander

Thanks for the replies. <br />That is great cause I never told my boy that his auntie wrecked his mini bike. :eek: <br />There is a hog shop right around the corner. I'll take it there this weekend.