Historical Comparison of Presidents

KRS

Banned
A friend emailed this to me, NO I don't have sources to back it up.... but I thought it was interesting reading:<br /><br /> <br />There were 39 combat related killings in Iraq in<br />January. <br />In the fair city of Detroit there were 35 murders in the month of January.That's just one American city, about as deadly as the entire war-torn country of Iraq. <br /> <br />Some claim that President Bush shouldn't <br />have "started" this war, ponder the following: <br /> <br />a. FDR led us into World War II. <br /> <br />b. Germany never attacked us; Japan did. <br /> From 1941-1945, 450,000 lives were lost. <br /> an average of 112,500 per year.<br /> <br />c. Truman finished that war and started one in Korea. <br /> North Korea never attacked us. <br /> From 1950-1953, 55,000 lives were lost ... <br /> an average of 18,334 per year. <br /> <br />d. John F. Kennedy started the Vietnam conflict with the US in 1962.<br /> Vietnam never attacked us. <br /> <br />e. Johnson turned Vietnam into a quagmire. <br /> From 1965-1975, 58,000 lives were lost <br /> an average of 5,800 per year. <br /> <br />f. Clinton went to war in Bosnia without UN or French<br />consent. <br /> Bosnia never attacked us. <br /> He was offered Osama bin Laden's head on a platter three times by Sudan and did nothing. Osama has attacked us on multiple occasions. <br /> <br />g. In the years since terrorists attacked us ,<br />President Bush has liberated two countries, crushed the Taliban, crippled al-Qaida, put nuclear inspectors in Libya, Iran, and North Korea without firing a shot, and captured a terrorist who slaughtered 300,000 of his own people.<br /> <br />The Democrats are complaining <br />about how long the war is taking. <br />But.... <br />It took less time to take Iraq than it took Janet Reno to take the Branch Davidian compound. <br /><br />That was a 51-day operation. <br /> <br />We've been looking for evidence for chemical weapons in Iraq for less time than it took Hillary Clinton to find the Rose Law Firm billing records. <br /> <br />It took less time for the 3rd Infantry Division and the Marines to destroy the Medina Republican Guard than it took Ted Kennedy to call the police after his Oldsmobile sank at Chappaquid****.<br /> <br />It took less time to take Iraq than it took <br />to count the votes in Florida!!!! <br /> <br />Our Commander-In-Chief is doing a GREAT JOB! <br /> <br />The biased media hopes we are too ignorant <br />to realize the facts <br /> <br />But Wait there's more! <br /> <br />JOHN GLENN (ON THE SENATE FLOOR) <br /> <br />Mon, 26 Jan 2004 11:13 <br /> <br />(Some people still don't understand why military<br />personnel do what they do for a living. This exchange between Senators John Glenn and Senator Howard Metzenbaum is worth reading. Not only is it a pretty impressive impromptu speech, but it's also a good example of one man's explanation of why men and women in the armed services do what they do for a living.)<br /><br />Senator Metzenbaum (speaking to Senator Glenn): <br />"How can you run for Senate <br />when you've never held a real job?" <br /> <br />Senator Glenn (D-Ohio): <br />"I served 23 years in the United States Marine Corps. I served through two wars. I flew 149 missions. My plane was hit by anti-aircraft fire on 12 different occasions. I was in the space program. It wasn't my checkbook, Howard; it was my life on the line. It was not a nine-to-five job, where I took time off to take the daily cash receipts to the bank." <br /> <br />"I ask you to go with me .. as I went the other day.. to a veteran's hospital and look those men .. with their mangled bodies .. in the eye, and tell THEM they didn't hold a job! <br /> <br />You go with me to the Space Program at NASA <br />and go, as I have gone, to the widows and Orphans <br />of Ed White, Gus Grissom and Roger Chaffee... <br />and you look those kids in the eye and tell them <br />that their DADS didn't hold a job. <br /> <br />You go with me on Memorial Day and you stand in <br />Arlington National Cemetery, where I have more friends buried than I'd like to remember, and you watch those waving flags. <br /> <br />You stand there, and you think about this nation, <br />and you tell ME that those people didn't have a job? <br /> <br />What about you?" <br /> <br />(For those who don't remember .. <br />During W.W.II, Howard Metzenbaum was an attorney <br />representing the Communist Party in the USA.)<br /><br />**********************<br /><br />Again, I don't have sources, but I thought it was worth starting an arguement over :rolleyes: ;)

txswinner

Banned
Re: Historical Comparison of Presidents

azfyr, Look here they did it again, some dumba$$ wrote this stupid post and signed your name to it.

KRS

Banned

Wow, that's immature TXS... so in your typical fashion I retalitate...<br /><br />I'm rubber and you're glue......

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

but Jimmy carter was better.<br /> at least he was not an embarrasment.<br /> your idea of liberated is rather far fetched.<br /> its not now nor will it be for many years.<br /> if ya dont believe it go outside the CONUS and talk with some of the folks who fled that area.<br /> a very good place to start is a resturaunt called Moghambi's on margarita Island.<br /> go discuss the cultural aspects of that region with the owners. <br /> you will then find we are in a quagmire that will make vietnam look like a normal day in central park.<br /> that area of the world has been "civilized" longer than any other.<br /> if they wanted democracy they would have had it centuries ago.<br />the west has conquered and changed the names of countries and redrawn borders on paper. what the west could not do and will not do today is change the people.<br />about the only thing they hate worse than each other is the westren christians. if you read a bit of history you may find out why. but they also hated the romans, cant understand that either.<br /> we are in the wrong country fighting the wrong war but as long as the admin spin people can spin it will continue. we should have taken out the house of saud. but there are to many biddness ties for that.<br /> most our current problems come from the house of saud and our policies dealing with them for 40 years.<br /> its a symbiotic relationship. if we witdraw the country will collapse. if we dont they hold us hostage with oil. <br /> but there are many other tribes there that without US support of the house of saud they will attempt a takeover.<br /> most folks dont even stop to think that the United States in 1958-59 took out a democratically elected govt in that area and installed a puppet govt that failed horribly. the reason was the prime minister was going to nationalize his countries oil field and sell to the USSR. Ike could not stand it so he ordered that countries govt dismantled. the brits assisted.

K5WAS

Seaman

but Jimmy carter was better.<br /> at least he was not an embarrasment.<br /><br /><br />Jimmy Carter not only was an embarasment but contunues to be so to this day. The rest of your post is pure nonsense.

Vlad D Impeller

Commander

azfyrfyter63, Why is it worth it to start an arguement over half truths and inuendos? <br /><br />or could it be that you are not opposed to yourself being called a troll?

KRS

Banned

It's not, but if someone wants to read it, they are welcome to.<br /><br />Maybe someone can add something to it, like Rodbolt did about J. Carter.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

K5WAS<br /> name one thing peanut man did or did not do that was an embarresment while he was in office. not counting brother billy.<br /> and why is the rest nonsense? I take it you only read the spoon fed history. can you actually name the country I refer to? our CIA and others can cause its from their documents you will find the answer<br /> its a challenge that maybe is to great for you. sorry.<br /> but do a bit of world history searching or grow up in the times and maybe then you will see.<br /> I bet less than 5 people can tell me which country I was refering to and your obviosly one that cannot. you may have been asleep or smoking weed in the boys room when it was discussed in history class.<br /> <br /> thats what I love about idiots, they dismiss ya offhand without even saying why :) :)

Ralph 123

Captain

Wow, that's immature TXS... so in your typical fashion I retalitate...<br /><br />I'm rubber and you're glue......
He's just showing his true colors azfyrfyter63 - give him a few more days and he'll totally self destruct...<br /><br />
name one thing peanut man did or did not do that was an embarresment while he was in office. not counting brother billy.
Too lomg a list rodbolt. There are books written on the subject. Here's just one:<br /><br /><br />
<br />The Real Jimmy Carter: How Our Worst Ex-President Undermines American Foreign Policy, Coddles Dictators and Created the Party of Clinton and Kerry (Hardcover<br /><br />Jimmy Carter: America's best ex-president? Only if you're not bothered by the resurgence of Islamic fundamentalist terrorism (which started on his watch), the shamefaced foreign policy of Bill Clinton and John Kerry (ditto), and think that ex-presidents should travel the world coddling dictators and bad-mouthing America à la Jesse Jackson. Jimmy Carter has been given a free ride from the liberal media, liberal historians, and even the American people, who excuse his political delinquencies and disasters on the grounds that he is a "good" man. But as bank robber Willie Sutton said of Carter: "I've never seen a bigger confidence man in my life, and I've been around some of the best in the business." It's time to set the record straight. Finally, an honest historian-Steven F. Hayward, author of The Age of Reagan-demolishes the myth of "Saint" Jimmy and exposes how he created today's leftist Democratic party of John Kerry and Hillary Clinton. Jimmy Carter's laundry list of failures aren't just accidents of history: They're rooted in Carter's deeply flawed character and ideology-a smugly pious arrogance matched with a profound distrust of America. The Real Jimmy Carter reveals: • Carter as meddling ex-president: Why a Time magazine columnist wrote that some of Carter's "Lone Ranger work has taken him dangerously close to the neighborhood of what we used to call treason" • How Carter befriended North Korea during the Clinton administration, appeasing the communist regime and giving it cover for its nuclear weapons program • How Carter made direct contacts with Soviet officials to try to subvert President Reagan's anti-communist policies • The shocking extent of Carter's clandestine efforts to sabotage the first Gulf War in 1990 and how he used Gulf War II to publicly question the Christian faith of America's commander in chief • How Carter befriended Yasir Arafat-making himself an enemy of Israel • Carter as politician: a vicious campaigner-and even race-baiter • The Carter White House during the disasters of the Sandinista takeover of Nicaragua, the energy crisis and stagflation, the Iranian revolution and hostage crisis, and the invasion of Afghanistan • How Carter, the failed president, remade himself as Carter the humanitarian and freelance foreign policy critic of America • How a Nobel official inadvertently revealed that Carter's Nobel Prize was actually meant as a slap at America The Real Jimmy Carter is a shocker, showing why the peanut president should never have left his farm.

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Jimmy Carter was and still is an honest man... Crappy President, maybe?... But honest and forthright... <br /><br />Can you say the same about JFK, Nixon, Ford, Reagan, Bush, Clinton, or G.W. Bush?........ Probably not.....

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

all stritcly opinion<br /> yours,theirs or mine<br /> he did try and at least he did not get caught lying or getting a snooker in the oval office.<br /> myself I think he was worthless. took up 4 years of time. however he really did nothing the rest dont do.<br /> you like to discuss the irainian thing of that time. I have pics of our hero dumsfield kissing our buddy saddam as we armed him. its all there. you mention the nicarauga thing. I have been there. our hero Reagan killed thousands there,along with pappa W, with his policys and danced away.<br /> its all realative, but jimmy did nothing and by doing nothing while in office he was not an international embarresment anyway.<br /> but I still see no refute or reply to the country I refered to in 1958-59? is it to challenging or would it just take more than the average 10 seconds ?

Vlad D Impeller

Commander

"but I still see no refute or reply to the country I refered to in 1958-59? is it to challenging or would it just take more than the average 10 seconds ? "<br /><br />ok, i'll oblige you, the answer is the CIA aided forces in Iran to overthrow Mossadeh who was the democratically elected leader at the time, and supported the installation of the "Shah" Resa Palavi to what was then called the Peacock Throne. The Shah of Iran ruled in much the same way as Saddam, except that he was not an unpredictable megalomaniac as Saddam was.

Ralph 123

Captain

He's honest?<br /><br />But as bank robber Willie Sutton said of Carter: "I've never seen a bigger confidence man in my life, and I've been around some of the best in the business."<br /><br />
he did try
With that kind of trying, I wish he goofed off! Like I once told the CEO of a Fortune 500 sized company, you could close this building (HQ) and customer satisfaction would go up 20 points...

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

Are we out of Iraq?

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

dang <br /> glad to see someone else reads a bit. I started reading when I found out I may have to go die in the sand. I figgured if I was gonna die in the sand for something I wanted to know how I got there. the policys of the west to the east for the past 60 years or so got us here.<br /> what I read is embarresing but true. if ya really want some embarresing reading look what we did to the kurds and Iran usuing saddam in the late 70's and early 80's.<br /> I know everyone loves to tell the saddam gassed the kurds story. maybe vlad can tell us why he did it. I know why and its embarresing as an american but it was policy then and now.<br /> but saddam did not wake up one morning and think well Ill go gas a villiage or two before brunch.<br /> not that I am defending saddam, but at least I was not kissing his cheek like rumsfield.

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

Jimmy Carter, great president. Nope.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Jimmy Carter, a great president?
lol.gif
yelrotflmao.gif
laugh.gif
<br /><br />A meddling traitor is more like it. I don't care how many houses he has built for the pooooooooor!

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

I never ever implied he was great:),<br /> just as he really did nothing constructive he was not an embarresment internationally or domestically. was basicaly a waste of 4 years.<br /> as much as I dislike our current admin policies at least someone was doing something.<br /> sometimes anyway.<br /> this Katrina thing points up serious flaws in our current admin as well as the general federal hireing and advancement policies. seems the higher you get in the GS system the more time ya spend pushing papers and CYA'ing the less that actually gets done.<br /> almost looks like the story of the Empororer that had no clothes.