Hissing sound...

Hopsdak

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I have a johnson 130PLSS '00 model (That i bought second hand).<br />After i start the engine i hear a hissing sound coming from it for about 5-10 seconds. Is it just the VRO pump priming the system? I havent had any problems with it and was just wondering if it was normal. This is the first engine i've owned that is oil injected.<br />Thanks, Hop

93bronco

Ensign
Re: Hissing sound...

i have not even heard that sound, when i get mine going ill have to listen for it.<br />is it in conjuction with pushing the primer?

Hopsdak

Petty Officer 3rd Class

No, It makes that sound as soon as the engine fires off. As soon as she cranks over i can hear a hissing sound and it last for about 5-10 seconds then it sound like a switch turning it off. pssssssssit and it's done.Sound like the VRO or something is pressurizing up and then shuttin off once it hits the right pressure. I dunno, Like i said i'm new to Oil injection so i have nothing to compare it to.<br />--Hop

93bronco

Ensign

i know my primer noid clicks in and would click back off about 5-10 secs after pushing in key was released.

Hopsdak

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I don't think it's that. I'll see if i can get a .mpg of it this weekend.<br />--Hop

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

Hello<br /> listen very closely at the telltale area. My 120 hisses while it is purging air from the block. if that is all your hearing you have no worries

Hopsdak

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Originally posted by rodbolt:<br />Hello<br /> listen very closely at the telltale area. My 120 hisses while it is purging air from the block. if that is all your hearing you have no worries
Yay!! Rodbolt, Your right! :) <br />I took the boat out this weekend and ran back to the telltale before it stopped and sure enough...<br />Stuck my finger over it and it stopped.<br />Thanks, Hop