Hired a private detective today!

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner
After several weeks of consideration and analysis (along with a few hours of observation) regarding the theft of my two SBF boat motors, I came to the conclusion that they were most likely stolen by a group of people from a business that operates out of the same industrial park facility that my motors were stored in.<br /><br />Today I hired a private detective to persue the matter. He was fairly confident if the motors were taken by the afforementioned group and not just by someone who just happened by off the street, that there is a high degree of probability that they would be found.<br /><br />I decided that even though I am not in a position to replace the motor(s) that I could allocate about a quarter of their value in a reasonable attempt to recover them.<br /><br />Please keep your fingers crossed for me.

62_Kiwi

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: Hired a private detective today!

Fingers crossed - good luck!!

ob

Admiral

Hope you get um.Motors are big investments.I had my boat/motor/trailer stolen some time back which was thankfully recovered the next day.

rattana

Chief Petty Officer

Good luck Boomyal!! I hope you get your motors back.

Scaaty

Vice Admiral

Had my Trans Am stolen...know how ya feel. And pardon my ignorance, but whats SBF?

SoulWinner

Commander

I was PI for about ten years. Tough work, and dangerous at times. A good PI will try and pull an end run around the bandits to buy the motors third hand and flip back to the thieves. If your PI can get his hands on the motors, the cops can easily do the rest with threats of prison time. I wish you the best in your recovery efforts.

dogsdad

Lieutenant

I believe that would either be "Single Black Female" or "Small Block Ford", Robby. Take your pick.<br /><br /> ;)

bubbakat

Captain

Hope you have some postive results in your recovery.

mattttt25

Commander

boomyal, mind sharing how much this pi will cost you? how much of his "time" do you get? did he share what he plans to do? just interested.

KaGee

Admiral

I pray you recover your property Boom.<br /><br />
Originally posted by dogsdad:<br /> I believe that would either be "Single Black Female" or "Small Block Ford", Robby. Take your pick. ;)
ROFL!!!! :D

fixin

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I must have missed something.Are they the motors you were working on and posted some pics of??<br />I hope not.<br />Good luck getting the motors back,I hope you catch the a$$ that took them.

fixin

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Dang, that makes me sick to my stomach :mad: <br />I hope you get them back.

Terry H

Lieutenant Commander

Good luck Boomy...maybe after all this time the crooks will be caught off-guard.<br /><br />
52.gif

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander

Good luck on your search Boomy,i hope that you get to stick it to the sob's where the sun don't shine.

eeboater

Commander

Good luck Boom.. I hope they nail them suckers.<br /><br />Sean

lakelivin

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Good luck! Hope you get your motors back, but even more hope they prosecute the slimebags that stole 'em!

Scaaty

Vice Admiral

Originally posted by dogsdad:<br /> I believe that would either be "Single Black Female" or "Small Block Ford", Robby. Take your pick. ;)
AHA! I WAS thinking single black female or any color okay! And small block ford is NOT in a "SBC" guys vocabulary!!! And these crooks MUST be stupid...who would want to steal a FORD?<br /> (Just Kidding Boom) :D

rolmops

Vice Admiral

Me thinks you should take your avatar off screen and put it to educational use.