High Pole Qn's

Hi Guys,
Im looking at installing a high pole into my ski boat. Iv been looking at the designs available over the net and i was wondering why they only have a front strap? Iwould have thought they needed straps on the sides as well like a sailing boat mast to stop the pole from being pulled over sidways. Is there something i dont know?

Also is it best to have the pole base as far forwards as possible or in the centre of the boat?

Thanks James

tommays

Admiral
Re: High Pole Qn's

f2bec06f.jpg

Your looking at one like this Which is made to extend and EXISTING POLE which is built into the orginal hull

You need to look a tripod or a tower to fit a boat that does not have anything right now

Tommays

sabastianunf

Petty Officer 1st Class

Why a pole? In my opinion they are ugly, unstable and not a good idea if your boat does not already have one - also the lines always get in the way. I suggest a tower - just put one on my boat and I love it. I got mine from www.monstertower.com - there are cheaper ones out there but the monstertower looks way better and they stand behind thier product. Mine is very stable, quiet and actually helps my cover fit better.

salty87

Commander

straps on the side wouldn't stop it from being pulled over. the reason you don't need them is that a rider is not going to exert any lateral force on the pole. they are being pulled in a mostly straight line behind the boat, there's a little lateral pulling but not enough to justify a strap.

pull your ropes in when you're done, a passing boat could get your rope tied up in their prop. i wouldn't want to be around for that. (passing boats shouldn't be so close but there are horror stories out there)