Hi Every One New Member Here. First posting

jaxnjil

Lieutenant
Re: Hi Every One New Member Here. First posting

cant answer your question but welcom to 4-m

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

Hi I Have just got last may a 1997 250 sundancer and i would like to install a windlass.has any one has got installed and advivce for me.

Welcome to iboats! This is the best place for boating info on the web.

Simple advice: You didn't say which brand/model windlass you are interested in, but they generally require cutting holes and drilling for bolts, etc. Don't seal anything with silicone. Get some good marine grade sealers like Boatlife or 3M 4200. I personally use Boatlife sealer. I like it because most of the parts I seal together will eventually have to come apart. Boatlife sealer does come apart. Not too easy, but easier than the 3M products. And it has yet to fail to seal. And its clear.

Also, don't scrimp on electic supplies, wire, connectors, insulators, etc. If you do a good job it will last and be trouble free.

Post a link to the windlass you want, and don't forget to post pictures of the install. We love pictures!

Good luck.
Mark.

Hi, Mark Thank's I was looking at a lemar V700 vertical windlass and 100' of chain 150' of rode I will send some pictures as soon a this really thick fog clears.
Joe

Rocky_Road

Lieutenant Commander

As mentioned above...use marine grade (tinned) electrical wire, and heat shrink (adhesive lined) crimp terminals.

You will have more invested...but will 'bless' the day, that you did it right!

Glad to see you here....

stubbsboogie

Chief Petty Officer

Welcome to I boats!!!
This is the place to be for all things boats. I am a fairly new boater and these guys have really helped me out and they will surely hlp you too. really knowledgable folks here.
Enjoy and happy boating

oops!

Supreme Mariner

hi......welcome to i boats.......really good place here.

not only is is a great place for everything boats but a great place to make friends.......check out dockside chat or stupid human tricks.

we got a lot of guys in your neck of the woods.....and twice as many if you include the island and south of the boarder.

fair amount of ray fans too.....magster on the island in sidney is a big ray fan.

drop by i boats searay forum (the blue part in the middle of the main page)

cheers
oops

Bondo

Staff member

and 100' of chain 150' of rode

Ayuh,... Welcome Aboard,....

Maybe it's just Me,..
But,.. 100' of Chain sounds alittle excessive for a 25' boat to Me....

What Size,..?? 3/8",..?? 5/16",..??