Hey yall, there ARE courteous people at the boat ramp

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral
Just wanted to share that the last two times at the ramp it was really busy.<br /><br />Everyone was real nice, we all waited in line, we all talked to each other about how long we would take, we all offered to let the other guy go first.<br /><br />I call that good news.<br /><br />Plus my boat has been running pretty good all year, and that is real good news for me.<br /><br />Plus my wife is already planning another fishing trip two weeks from now, this will be our third this year.<br /><br /> :D <br /><br />Ken

all thumbs

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Hey yall, there ARE courteous people at the boat ramp

Ken, thats good to hear. When I go to the ramp I like to go with the thought that i'am here to have fun,so with that in mind ,greeting people and helping when you can becomes addictive .

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Cool KIZ..<br /><br />My last trip was good too.. Made it out last friday afternoon, solo, just for a ride to burn off some stale gas..<br /><br />After the trip I was milling around a good ways out from the ramp waiting for a spot to pull in... While I was waiting I poped the hatch to check a few things in the engine compartment... One boater, who had just put in, saw me open the engine hatch and hailed me on the VHF to ask if I needed assistance... Told him I was fine, and thanked him for asking..<br /><br />There are still a few kind and attentive boaters out there.. :)

Triton II

Commander

It's rarely a fun experience at our local ramp when the sun is shining and the temperature is 80+ degress F. Fortunately we've just experienced a heap of wet weather (after a long drought) so the stormwater drains have filled the river and Botany Bay with all sorts of c&ap. So the jetskis are all in for hull repairs, the big fellas don't like the cold and the rest of us can enjoy our boating. The colder weather boaters (for us that's when the thermometer goes below 65) are polite, helpful and interesting to talk to. Gotta love winter in Oz! (Unless you're in Victoria like poor old Dunarunna in which case you freeze your assets off!) :D