Hey where's the relay for my tilt trim 115 evinude 1983

Steve135

Petty Officer 1st Class
Hi I have read many questions on tilt and trim problems. I have only had tilt and trim on smaller JohnyRudes They all had a connection box. I just started working on this 115 Evinrude and found that the trim motor wire aren't connected to anything.The system works fine accept I don't have any control? I read a post that leads me to think its on the back of the engine to the left of the fly wheel as you face fwd.I have found a small box with three wires two on top one going to the bottom. they seem to be the right color as far as the repair manual states.They run to the terminal board. I have a internal system with a two wire motor. I am reading the part in the book for all 1982-83 and CIM CIA CIB.<br />The throttle has the connection wires for the switch. Its not thru the wire harness. Question is where do the R B G wire go from the switch? and then where does the G B wire go from the pump. I think they are all going to meet on the <br />terminal board with the tan and yellow wires. I just can't follow the schmatic.<br />steve

OBJ

Supreme Mariner
Re: Hey where's the relay for my tilt trim 115 evinude 1983

Hi stinky...<br /><br />Your 83' was the last year that the TNT had an external juntion box where all the wiring came together and also housed the TNT relays. There should be one with the motor if ya' just got it. If ya' bought it with a boat, look around the transom area for it. I will be black plastic. If you find it, there should be a wiring diagram on the inside of the cover.

Steve135

Petty Officer 1st Class

OutboardJim - That seems to be the problem. There is no box! They cut it out and was just shorting it out to the battery when they used it. I am going to go to the boat junk yard this weekend and see what they cost used! If too much I will buy a DP DT switch and reverse polarity on the back. This works fine just don't give throttle control will be seperate switch.<br />steve

Steve135

Petty Officer 1st Class

Hey outboardjim, I have a 1984 tilt and trim rely that was on a dead engine. Could I rig this up to be used with my motor? If I remember it has red and black wires and blue and green wires. I could make my own box.<br />steve

Steve135

Petty Officer 1st Class

bump

Xcusme

Commander

Stinky2,<br /><br />If you decide to go the DPDT switch route, you'll be needing a DPDT center off switch (3 position)<br />If you need help wiring it , let me know, I'll send you a diagram of the wiring hookup.

Steve135

Petty Officer 1st Class

Xcusme Thanks i have the diagram i am still wondering if the 1984 relays will work.<br />steve