hey, washington- oregon. Multnomah Channel?

dkwalker

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Any one here ever fish the Multnomah channel. I'm told there's small mouth bass, catfish and even pike/waleyes in there.<br /><br />Anyone got any comments on where? Especially for the catfish. I have lots of advice for the bass, but the info on catfish is pretty vague, and the walleyes are just rumor for now.<br /><br />Hello?

Topmason

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: hey, washington- oregon. Multnomah Channel?

Fish Information for: Multnomah Channel<br /> <br />Species Population Production Origin<br />Black Crappie Very Common Natural Introduced <br />Largemouth Bass Very Common Natural Introduced <br />Smallmouth Bass Very Common Natural Introduced <br />Unknown Chinook Salmon Very Common Mixed Native <br />White Sturgeon Common Natural Native <br />Yellow Perch Very Common Natural Introduced <br />Channel Catfish Common Natural Introduced <br />Walleye Common Natural Introduced <br /><br />The above fishing information is provided from a partnership with Oregon Department of Fish & Wildlife and BoatEscape.com<br /><br />Must be more than rumor for Walleye as they have a Walleye/Catfish tournament that took place July 27th.

dkwalker

Petty Officer 3rd Class

mmmmmmmmmmmmm thanks a lot. That's a good start. Guess I'll just have to fake it as to ways n means.<br />Am not too interested in the bass or perch. I've never fished for 'cats but I have heard about it often enough.<br /><br />Any remarks on hook size?<br /><br />And what about the waleyes? Guess I can call fish n game to see what they might suggest.

Uncle Wes

Cadet

dk, I grew up in St.Helens and as a kid we used to go right behind the court house and just slay'em. Not sure what it's like now that they have enlarged the marina area. I do know that they catch Sturgeon of the docks and an occassional Salmon. I'm sure the pan fishing is probably as good as ever.

Capn Mike

Chief Petty Officer

Had a nice salmon run up MC this spring and last. It's an opportunity to catch all those Willamette fish before they head into the sewer. :rolleyes: <br />Most people troll flashers and herring. You can also try spinners. This spring should be another good one.<br />Best salmon fishing is just above St. Helens, around Coon Island, and just before the channel joins the Willamette.<br />Alas, I don't fish it for anything other than salmon. Maybe I should get more adventurous.