Hey Tylerin

oddjob

Commander
I just figured out why I couldnt find anything about Voosball(sp) on the internet. :D .<br /><br />Anyway, I ranked 1800 in my prime (twenties) if you go by the criteria in the link below. I could get back there easily. I've only lost my timing and some speed.<br />Guess what? A bar I have avoided for 10 years has foosball night tonight and every wed. at 8:30. I could walk to this place but I have only set foot in there twice. In west palm they have a tournament every Friday. I was considering getting into a pool league but now I'm going to get back involved in FOOSball. Cause I'm the best and I'm gonna prove it. <br /><br />Wear do you rank TY?<br /><br /><br /> http://www.foosball.com/florida/south/tour.htm

oddjob

Commander
Re: Hey Tylerin

Nice table. called a tornado. I dont like the three man goalie at all. I'm leaving a hole when I goal against a pull shot. Somebody messed things up while I was away.... :(

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

I really like the game.. I just don't play much anymore. I'm a slow bugger on offense compared to most good players but accuracy is the name of the game.. I am .. errr.. was an angle shooter in front - all quick wrist snaps. I barely ever rolled the grip on a shot cause I stunk at it.<br /><br />love playin keeper tho .. that was my place when playing doubles.. always liked the defense and scoring/passing from back there.<br /><br />those Tornado tables are nice OJ. It took me a while to get used to 'em when they came out too. The 3 man goalie bar gives you a lot of options back there that you didn't have before tho.. <br /><br />how many games did it take you to get the 'feel' back?

oddjob

Commander

Hey Barlow. I'm not far from where I left off 22 years ago. I played some in Spain when I was in the service. And since then I might happen on a table once in awhile in some obscure place but never any competition.<br />I met the guys from the website in the link above last night. Looks like I made some friends :) . They have never seen anything like my style before and they said they like the aggressiveness of it. Once in awhile I smoked a few pushes and pulls (old stand by)but my speed is not consistant at the moment but it will improve in no time at all. <br />These guys do a heel shot that took me half the night to figure out how to stop it 50-60 %. The different style men that the tables have today make the game and the shots different with much more control. I have to evolve my game now as well as polish it. Its good to be back, I always avoided this bar before because I'm not a sit on the bar stool kind of guy. But I do enjoy this sport so it looks like I will start meeting there every Wednesday night if I not busy.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

And Tuesday, and Thursday and....... :)