Hey Texas people

NathanY

Commander
Since my father's passing a couple of weeks ago, it has been very hard for me up here in Arkansas. I am wanting to move back to Fort Worth Texas, where I am from, and where whats left of my family still lives.<br /><br />So here is my point, I need a job if I move back down there. I am a truck driver, but not OTR, local, like dump trucks and end dumps. Do any of you Texas people know someone, or work for someone that needs a good, dependable driver that has a perfect driving record?

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Hey Texas people

Don'r have any contacts there, Nate, but good luck to you. :)

Winger Ed.

Chief Petty Officer

I'm in Dallas, Ft. Worth is just next door, and I'd figure the work climate is about the same.<br /><br />There's local freight companies: Yellow, Central, Roadway, a few concrete manufacturers, etc. and several in town delivery types that always have a turnover of drivers.<br /><br />I don't have a Ft. Worth 'Yellow' pages to send ya, but one of those on line 'yellow pages' should list about a hundred different places to call or send a resume if you search for 'trucking or freight' companies. Or the different industrys that employ drivers-- the steel industry, Miller brewing is there, Mrs. Baird's bread, on and on.<br /><br />About half of the Fortune 500 companies are based around here, or have major shipping terminals here. It shouldn't be a problem getting hired for anything if you're not a fleeing felon or whacked out on narcotics.<br /><br />Even if you don't find the perfect job right off the bat, getting a decent job shouldn't be a problem, and that'd get you in the neighborhood so you could shop around for a better one.<br /><br />Good Luck.

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Nate.. <br /><br />My bud lives just north of Dallas, and he is the region sales rep for Oshkosh/McNeilus (concrete mixers).. <br /><br />I'll try to get hold of him tomorrow and ask if he has any contacts for you... :cool:

SoulWinner

Commander

Habla Espanol?<br /><br />Seriously, I know that with the construction going on in that area that you should have no problem finding work. We all wish you the best, hope and pray that you have peace.<br /><br />Try this:<br /><br /> Dallas Jobs <br /><br />or this:<br /><br /> Craigs list jobs <br /><br />or this:<br /><br /> Yahoo Jobs Fort Worth

dogsdad

Lieutenant

Nate, I understand your post to mean that you are looking for a job hauling stuff like gravel, right? If so, there are several possibilities for you here. They are hauling about a billion tons a day right past my neighborhood.<br /><br />Chaney L H Materials Inc<br />Highway 114, Rhome, TX 76078<br />(817) 430-8200<br /> <br />DFW Container Transportation Inc<br />Po Box 787, Rhome, TX 76078<br />(817) 636-2770<br /> <br />McRyan Hauling Inc<br />Highway 114, Rhome, TX 76078<br />(817) 430-3486<br /> <br />McRyan Hauling Inc<br />Highway 114, Rhome, TX 76078<br />(817) 636-2279<br /><br /><br />-dd-