Hey ...Surffx

4poco

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Was curious.... that bimini top of yours, does it fold up out of the way? Do you have it on slider plates? What is the height and length?<br />The reason im asking is, i have the same boat and going to order one soon, but sceptical of it always being in the way and height. How about helping out a fellow i-boater,by the way... nice buggy.................

Surffx

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Hey ...Surffx

ummm...I can do some measuring tonight and let you know the dimensions.<br /><br />Here's the whole story. We bought that boat brand new from the local boat show last year. The one at the show did not have a bimini and I ask the dealership if they could add one. They said sure (of course not for free ha ha). So they installed it before I even picked up the boat. I never even had a chance to discuss different options with them, even though it worked out fine.<br /><br />When I picked up the boat they had it installed so that when you fold it down it sits just below the windshield (it is not on sliding tracks). This is great for trailering but our first couple trips out we soon noticed that if it is not up it's in the way so that you can't go up to the open bow. If you fold it back it is in the way of the two rear seats. That was a pain but the solution was simple. We added these rear braces to hold it up out of the way even it is not fully open. These braces just replace the two back straps with metal tubes. <br /><br />You still can't walk under it without ducking but it is way better. In the summer we have it fully open most of the time so it's not a problem. But in the winter (fishing) the braces really helped us out. The braces attach to the boat with thumb screws and we usually undo them and fold it forward when trailering. When it's up the whole thing is ok at 40 mph on the boat but not at 70 mph on the freeway.<br /><br />Just replace these...<br /> <br /><br />With these...<br /> <br /><br />I hope that helps, I will post the dimentions tomorrow.

4poco

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thanks for the info, I was wondering about being in the way. There doesnt seem to be enough room as it is. Maybe i can install bimini so it will lay across the back seats.... Your help has been truly grateful

Surffx

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Hey, no prob.<br /><br />If you install it just right, a little further back than mine, you can probablly get it to lay down right on that sectiction just above the rear seats. I have fishing rod holders installed there so that won't work for me.<br /><br />Anyway, I measured it this evening and it is 48" high and 80" wide.<br /><br />Good luck, and let me know how it works out!

4poco

Petty Officer 2nd Class

ok... the bimini is my next project, right now im adding some sound proofing stuff on the engine cover.I get tyred of lisening to that loud little 4 banger tick tick tick, like it quite when out fishin, peace and quite i say(lol

Surffx

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Interesting, it is a pain to listen to that thing all day while fishing. Do you do alot of trolling? I do, I was thinking of getting one of these for trolling. trolling motor <br /><br />Right now we just use the engine and have a trolling plate to put down if we can't go slow enough.<br /><br />Anyway I put this sound proofing stuff on the underside of my engine cover but it didn't do as much as I wanted it to. It's called "Silent Running" their web site made it look like some miracle product but it really didn't do that much in my opinion. Maybe I didn't use enough but at that price I'm afraid to waste more money on more of it. Just type in "silentrunning" all one word into google.com and it should be the second listing.<br /><br />What are you using for sound proofing? Let me know if it helps and maybe I'll try it.

4poco

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I am useing this stuff called quiet car, its a polymer liquid sound proofing. Like you said, miracle product,looks like the same kinda stuff you used. That is exactly what im doing to mine is the engine cover.time will tell............<br />Would love to buy the little trolling motor your lookin at, sure are pricey,i couldnt spend that much,guess a trolling plate will have to do. I will be sure to let you know about progress, good to swap ideas,let me know if i can ever help you out.. I owe you one !! Thanks for the info