Hey soulwinner

LubeDude

Admiral
Would you run?<br /><br />Imagine this happening to you...<br /><br /><br />One Sunday morning during service, a 2,000 member congregation was surprised to see two men enter, both covered from head to toe in black and carrying submachine guns.<br /><br />One of the men proclaimed,<br /><br />"Anyone willing to take a bullet for Christ remain where you are."<br /><br />Immediately, the choir fled...<br /><br /><br />the deacons fled...<br /><br /><br />and most of the congregation fled....<br /><br /><br />Out of the 2,000 there only remained around 20.<br /><br /><br />The man who had spoken took off his hood...<br /><br /><br />He then looked at the preacher and said "Okay Pastor, I got rid of all the hypocrites... Now you may begin your service. Have a nice<br />day!"<br /><br /><br />And the two men turned and walked out.<br /><br /><br />TOO DEEP TO NOT PASS ON... !<br /><br /><br />Funny how simple it is for people to! trash <br />God ...and then wonder why the world is in the condition it is today....<br /><br /><br />Funny how we believe what the newspapers say...but question what the Bible says...<br /><br /><br />Funny how everyone wants to go to heaven...provided they do not have to believe, think, say, or do anything the Bible says.<br /><br /><br />or is it scary?<br /><br /><br />Funny how someone can say "I believe in God"...but still follow Satan (who, by the way, also "believes"in God).<br /><br /><br />Funny ! how you can send a thousand 'jokes' through e-mail and they spread like wildfire...but when you start sending messages regarding the Lord, you think twice about sharing.<br /><br /><br />Funny how the lewd, crude, vulgar and obscene pass freely through cyberspace...but the public discussion of Jesus is suppressed in the school and work place.<br /><br /><br />Funny, isn't it? Funny how someone can be so fired up for Christ on Sunday...but be an invisible Christian the rest of the week.<br /><br /><br />Are you laughing?<br /><br /> OR<br /><br />Are you thinking?

brother chris

Commander
Re: Hey soulwinner

As a christian, I would have stayed...frightened to feel the bullet enter my body, but happy to take a bullet for my Lord. <br />Look what He did for me!!!!!!!<br />Sorry, look what He did for us.<br /><br />Edited because I should have waited for Soulwinner to respond first. My apologies.<br />Brother Chris...

achris

More fish than mountain goat

Funny how someone can be so fired up for Christ on Sunday...but be an invisible Christian the rest of the week.
My first thought when I read this one was of all the people who kill others in the name of religion. I believe the Bible says "Thou shall not kill"<br /><br />Good post LD, thank you...........

SoulWinner

Commander

L-Dude, Thanks for the post, gotta e-mail it to myself and pass it around. <br /><br />Lets see, what did the Lord say about us when we are persecuted for His name?? I'll take that bullet. Can I have it now please?<br /><br />Peace, good brother!

NathanY

Commander

Originally posted by achris:<br />
I believe the Bible says "Thou shall not kill"<br /><br />Good post LD, thank you...........
WRONG! That is what the english translated Bible says. The original Bible (the Tora SP?) says " Thou shalt not MURDER"

wilkin250r

Chief Petty Officer

Well, if you were to translate that into an actual living scenario, I'd be running. I will put my life in God's hands, but I'm not about to foolishly risk it. Wasn't there a passage about jumping off a cliff and trusting God to save you?

Jack Shellac

Lieutenant Commander

A guy was sliding off the roof of a three story house and couldn't stop himself. He cried out "Save me, Lord"! Just then a nail sticking up about 1/8" caught his belt and stopped him before he went over. The guy immediately cried out "Never mind, Lord. A nail caught me "!

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

I'm thinking... Under the "god, guns, and guts" thingy, I believe I'd be taking my gun to church, if i were the "church going" type... ;)