Hey Pointer!

FSHKPR

Ensign
Was up in the wabeno area last weekend and thought we would check out the house of houle. sad to say it is no longer is open. the building is there yet but i saw some kind of construction going on behind it. so i am wondering if its just a matter of time before they level it.

POINTER94

Vice Admiral
Re: Hey Pointer!

FSHKPR,<br /><br />Another chunk of Wisconsin flavor lost. A loss for all mankind. They don’t have bar’s like that anymore. Fortunately you can go into town to the bowling alley ( ¼ mile on the left) and on Saturday morning order pitchers of Bull Shooters. Clam Diggers made with beefamato. Not the same but how many bowling alleys still have the pins set by hand? :cool: <br /><br />Sorry you missed the opportunity to grab 2 tapers for a buck but I am sure with your experience in Wisconsin that other peculiar opportunities will present themselves. Another unique place in the area is the Christmas bar. You do have a 4 wheel drive don’t you? :D You will need one if it has rained or snowed in the previous day or so. Can you say boonies? Ask locally at the bowling alley for specific directions if it still exists. No Power, runs off a generator and lanterns. It has been several years since I was in the area as things/friendships changed substantially after my divorce. <br /><br />I hope you are enjoying your new cabin and we Wisconsin I-boats members are awaiting our invitation.<br /> ;)

FSHKPR

Ensign
Re: Hey Pointer!

always an open invite pointer. if your going to be in the area let me know and we can plan something. love the new place. would of liked something on the water but the prices are just to outrageous. very happy with what we got tho. only 1/2 mile from my grampas old place, found out a cousin of mine is basically right across the street. meeting alot of different people. so far i think its the best move i could have made. hope i feel that way a year from now.