hey hotrod or anybody

tvpear12

Petty Officer 2nd Class
did you install those tight *** poppet springs in your 115 you just rebuilt? how and the **** does 15 pounds of water preasure push these springs in ? i have a hard time believing it can or do i maybe have the wrong springs? was yours about3 inches long? mine are and when you put them in they compress really tight.

Hotrods

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: hey hotrod or anybody

I havent changed mystats, they seem to be working, mybe someone here can get you the right part #.<br /><br />They look fairly long in the manual, not sure on the acual working inside the stat, but im sure the heat opens the stat against the spring. the water pressure is not in play.

tvpear12

Petty Officer 2nd Class

no hotrod not the spring on the stat, but the spring on the poppet valves. 2 springs and 2 poppet valves.let me ask you this, when you start your engine and it is cold does water come out of the 2 exhaust holes that are just under your cowling? on idle that is?

Hotrods

Petty Officer 1st Class

Not sure. i'll take note of that

reeldutch

Lieutenant

the two springs and the two plastic poppets were you are talking about are very tight to get in.<br />when you have the moter in the water not on hose and your tstats open you should see waterspray coming out of the idle reliefports.<br /><br />reeldutch

D

DJ

The springs tyou mention do indeed look too long. However, that is the way they are supposed to be.<br /><br />One should have "spray" coming out of the exhaust relief holes at idle. Muffs or in the water.<br /><br />A steady stream will, ususally, only be seen at planing speeds.

Hotrods

Petty Officer 1st Class

DJ?...If i pinch the hose to my heads, I feel water flowing to them right at startup?. does that mean my stats are stuck open?

reeldutch

Lieutenant

hotrod you can easaly tell if your tstats are stuck open.<br />your moter will idle like crab and will never reach normal operating temp.<br />i had my 115 running without the tstats and it runs realy bad without them.or stuck open.<br />your fine.<br />otherwise you would have known it already