Hey brokenboat!!!!!!!!!!!

sterling66

Seaman Apprentice
Hey did you ever get your motor fixed??????? If so what was wrong ?? You had one of the longest threads. Cheers and Happy Holidays. :D

Trevor

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: Hey brokenboat!!!!!!!!!!!

Where in cilliwack are you? I live In Langley

brokenboat

Seaman

Thanks for asking. I was going to post good news, but.............<br /><br />Here is what happended. The 20amp engine fuse blew because the starter solenoid hung up. Mechanic replaced it. Enough on that for now. This boat never had a primer so I put one in myself. Mechanic found the VRO fuel pump to be bad so I had it replaced with the fuel pump only. I will pre-mix the fuel, but that really doesn't matter now because the damn thing is still acting up. After he replaced the the fuel pump it ran perfect and I was to pick it up the next day. HOWEVER, they couldn't get it to stop. How about that. It goes in not running and won't stop when it's time to leave. The ignition wouldn't kill it and the choke feature (pushing in the KEY) did not work. They got the engine to stop some way, but I don't know the details. When it stop some smoke was noticed comeing up through the holes on the flywheel. Not a lot, but how much does it take to be noticed from where it should not be??<br />The voltage regulator was cool so that tells the mechanic it may not have melted the stator. Anyway, he later tried the key and it worked, but the engine would not fire. Has not checked for spark yet. I think he was tired of it at that point. I have located some oars and oar locks. I don't think it will be much trouble to install them, but if any of you who have endured this lengthy post would like to chip in your 2 cents I would be happy to know your opinion.

brokenboat

Seaman

BOAT IS FIXED. It was the fuel pump. VRO has been disconnected (by choice and price rather than necessity)and fuel is premixed now. Siphoned out all of the gasoline and replaced. Ran it for an hour through full RPM range and it ran super! Sold the boat today and enjoying that second best day in a boater's life! ;)