Hey Bassy, Last Friday's economic disaster

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Last Friday nite, yes, August 19th, Mother Nature slapped the farmers of northern and central WI.<br /><br />She layed down a hard freeze.<br />It heavily damaged many corn fields, and may have put the alfalfa crop into an early "prepare for winter" mode.<br />many have lost their corn crop, and hay will be scarce in this area.<br /><br />This is about 6 weeks early.<br />So much for global warming.<br />My windows have been closed for 2 weeks!!?

Skiuseme

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Hey Bassy, Last Friday's economic disaster

I think it Hit 43 here in La Crosse Wisconsin

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

I thought we had it bad out here in the PNW. Our weather went from sunny (85 to 95) last week, to record August rains (60 ish) starting last Sunday. It's supposed to stay that way all week. No disaster here but plenty annoying.<br /><br />It's interupting my boat reconstruction.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

The worse thing is, as I was told by a farmer- which I am not.<br />That the freeze wasn't hard enough to reduce the nitrogen levels in the corn, so it can't be chopped and used as feed or silage.<br />All they can do is wait, then chop it for bedding, or plow it under.<br /><br />I didn't think it got that cold, but you can see the damage to the corn.<br /><br />Ready to move to WI, Bassy?

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

Hey Wisconsin, I'm so sorry to hear about your quick freeze weather and your crop loss. That is just awful.<br /> We're getting some pretty freaky weather here too. Its mid-August and the trees are telling me its Fall. Strange! Very strange!!<br />Bassy<br />No, Roscoe, I'll take here. We're having 90's and high 80's. Its like Spring. LOL