HEROS!!!!

Fly Rod

Commander
At least 70 wounded U S marines that could have been sent home decide to stay with there units!!!<br /><br />They have experienced the difference between life and death!!!<br /><br />These guys are "heros"<br /><br />They have paid the price once already!!! And are willing to pay the highest price for freedom once again!!!<br /><br />I'm sure there are Army personal also doing the same thing and they are heros also!!!<br /><br />The reason that we are only hearing about the Marines is because of Ollie North<br /><br />I don't mean to leave any branch of the service out!!!!

Trent

Captain
Re: HEROS!!!!

I support our TROOPS.. Dont matter what branch! Thank god for Freedom!

Link

Rear Admiral

YUP your right Fly Rod:<br />Better than you think in all Branches.<br />Re-Enlistment is up in all of our Military contary to what our normal news media says.. But the Great thing is Unlike my time in the Military these people are being seen as Heros, and I'm soo proud of that! Just had coffee with a friend AirForce.. last night, when he dropped into BagDad last week they went from 33,000 feet to landing in 15 seconds... he punched his stop watch to time it. And was ammazed! As a matter of fact he was still wearing the watch.. 15 seconds from 33 thousdands feet to landing.. and the runway was only 580 feet! And in 15 seconds.. Any other plots that would like to try this??

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

AJ Vandeberg came home last week. He only spent two weeks in Iraq. Just 19 years old with about 6 months of training. He worked at one of the McDonalds resturants that I serviced. We were all proud of him.<br /><br />AJ was a gunner on a Bradley. He died of massive adominal injuries.<br /><br />AJ died a hero too. He was proud to be doing a service to his country.<br /><br />Prayers for the Vandeberg family appreaciated.<br /><br />Thanks... :(

gaugeguy

Captain

Most vets realize that when you go through a combat situation with your fellow servicemen that a bond is formed that is stronger or equally as strong as the family bond. To leave your good buddies on the battlefield while they are in harms way is a difficult thing to do.

gonfishn

Commander

You are so right Gaugeguy...In the past the bonding was necessary because of all the animosity that was sent our way during those unpopular conflicts..All combat vets have many ghosts to deal with before the healing process can begin..<br /><br />I am not going to get on the band wagon here..But the support that the American people are now showing is also part of that healing process within many of us..In the past i have shared many of the positive posts here regarding the support many have showed here to the vets at the VFW..Believe it or not it has not gone unnoticed in all the VFW posts. It makes us proud again to be an American and seeing the Patriotism that exists in this great country of ours.<br /><br />You are part of that healing process..Forgivness on our part and understanding for those who have not walked in our shoes..No vet who has served under Combat conditions do not consider themselves hero's. It is a job just like yours except their job is to protect our rights to live free..Theirs have a high casualty rate but it is what they have chosen to do..In closing here remember, what we are reading here our troops are also seeing..God Bless Amercia...