Heres one for ya, what happens when you get cheap boats lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm rebuilding a 1971 AMF slickcraft and was cleaning and removing carpet in the cuddy cabin and found out there was a toilet on the boat. After investigating I figured out it isnt stock and the guy before me added it. It seemed ok, he had added 2 breather hoses and 1 below water line to pump water in from lake. Also added a pump out fitting and pump. Then I moved the far back seat and seen a port hole under it, that must be the tank that holds the waste. Well I was wrong.... I took the badly cut 5in acrylic cicle cover off and looked inside..there was no tank only 3 gallons of water sitting in the bow of the boat, the previous owner just used a hollow void in the bow to hold it all... and used garden hoses for the breather hoses.. I had to use a shop vac to pump out almost 3 gallons of water and probably waste that's been sitting the front of the boat for idk how long. I checked the wood and fiberglass and at least it was still solid and not delaminated or rotten.

Grub54891

Vice Admiral
Wow, Some boats do have fiberglass holding tanks, but they are sealed properly. Nothing like a redneck installation!

rmkramer

Recruit
You end up spending 3 times the amount of the boat plus it’s in the repair shop 90% of the time.

jebby

Petty Officer 2nd Class
oh that's nasty. that's gotta be one of the worst and coming from the camper world ive heard a million blank tank stories.

southkogs

Staff member
Let's stop posting in old dead topics ... especially the gross ones.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.