Here's a weird question

ob

Admiral
Anyone ever play the nintendo video game Zelda and finish all of the quests.Just wondering.My son and I use to play it some years back and were able to finally beat it.Told you it was weird.A colossal waste of time ,but it was fun.

Kenneth Brown

Captain
Re: Here's a weird question

Never did. I bought an old Atari a few months back because I was remembering how cool the games were. Was I ever wrong. Those games sucked big time. Got the daughter ANOTHER PS2 this year. I bought the Atari Anthology because I thought it would be cool. Wrong again, its a hoover. I would like to get a good Nintendo and the Legand of Zelda though, I did like that game.

KaGee

Admiral

Nope I do XBOX.... you're not the only crazy guy around here!

Homerr

Commander

My kids and I beat them. If memory serves, we have 2 Zelda games... Ocrina of Time and something to do with masks?<br /><br />Took a heck of a long time to beat it though.<br /><br /><br />H.

NOSLEEP

Commander

My kids play this stuff. The last time I fooled<br />with a game, I was trying to beat Myst and it <br />was a brand new game.

LubeDude

Admiral

Its Grand Tourismo for me, and GT 2. I can beat most anyone except the real hard cores. Im out of practice now though. Been through a couple of the Tomb Raider games also but I used the Cheats.

eeboater

Commander

Ever play the first Super Mario Bro's on a 52" widescreen. Mario and luigi are about 3" tall and jumping around the screen. <br /><br />Gotta love it. IMO, after playing the graphically enhanced PS2 and XBOX games for a while, you have to go back to your roots!!! 16 bit colors and digitized sound baby.<br /><br />Sean

fatpratt1996

Petty Officer 1st Class

Yep, Nintendo is all I play anymore. I guess I'm just simple minded. I grew up with games that were just side to side playing, zelda, excite bike, mario bros., contra, tetris, duck hunt, ect. did beat zelda though, takes forever

KaGee

Admiral

LD...<br />I NEVER use cheats!!<br /><br />Playing on-line you run into some who do. I Immediately dump out of a game if I think someone is running a modded box. Not only is it "cheating", it's just not fun. <br /><br />One humbling note... using the headset you soon realize that your butt is being walloped by some 10-12 yr old kids! :eek:

fixin

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I never did play Zelda,but did beat Mario bros 1,2,super Mario,and the oshie one.Killer instinct was another good one.The kids have super Nintendo,play-station 1 and 2,and gamecube.I play when I get a chance(nothing like a 8 year old whooping up on you),but allot of the new games move way to fast for me.Has anybody beat Vice city?I've had it for a couple of years and pretty much have given up on it.

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander

Posted by Tylerin: "I think I played Pac-man once "<br /><br />I played Pong once,i never graduated to Pac-man<br /> :D

thedude7803

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I once played the same game of PepperII on Calecovision (sp?) for about 12 hours straight. I rolled the score over several times (it only went to 999,999.) <br /><br />Oh, and I did beat Zelda way back when. Man that did take forever! I also beat Mike Tyson on Tyson's punch out. That probably took just as long!

eeboater

Commander

Originally posted by fatpratt1996:<br /> contra
SWEET!! I forgot all about Contra. I know what I'm buying this weekend....<br /><br /><br />Sean

mrbscott19

Chief Petty Officer

For all you people remembering the good 'ole days of Nintendo and such, there are programs online called emulators that mimic the actual video game systems. I have over 700 nintendo games that I can play on my PC!! As a matter of fact, I just finished beating Zelda 2-3 days ago! You can also get these emulators for Super Nintendo, N64, Sega Genesis, Neo Geo games, PS1, Dreamcast, Atari, etc. PS2 and Xbox are the only 2 game systems that I know of that you can't emulate very well, but give it time and they'll be added to the list. If anyone wants more info about these games, email me mrbscott@mchsi.com.