Heres a good one

stewd8

Cadet
Bought a 8hp last year, ran perfect, drained the fuel and water and stored it indoors,,,just took it out, mounted it on the tin boat, hooked it up to the fuel line, started second pull, warmed up runs great, unhook the fuel line and tow it 5km to the lake, and it will not start,,,,i think its flooded,,,,i removed the cover, and the fuel line, set it to high idle,,,starts on the 10 pull,,,it was flooded,,
so now its running good, i hook up the fuel line and it stalls instantly,,,,,its flooded again,,,,,,,
every time it starts fine with out the fuel line,,,,,,,hook up the fuel line and it will not start or when running, it stalls instantly,,,,,any ideas????

carholme

Rear Admiral
Re: Heres a good one

May seem silly but is the fuel tank vent open? If it is closed and sitting in the sun you may have pressurized fuel, flooding the engine.

Gerry

stewd8

Cadet

May seem silly but is the fuel tank vent open? If it is closed and sitting in the sun you may have pressurized fuel, flooding the engine.

Gerry

YES I thought of that, and completly removed the lid of the gas tank,,,,even pushed the silver ball on the end of the line, before connecting it to the motor, just a little pressure there,,,
every time i pull the cord or plug the fuel line on,,,a sqwirt of fuel comes out of the top of the carb, from the plate thats on top of the carb,,,,,,mybe the float is stuck open?????

carholme

Rear Admiral

What is the s/n of your engine. Would be worth having a look at the carb to see if the float height is adjusted correctly and not hanging up.

Gerry

stewd8

Cadet

What is the s/n of your engine. Would be worth having a look at the carb to see if the float height is adjusted correctly and not hanging up.

Gerry

found this # on the right side mount 0d161118
i'll pull the carb today, and let you know what i found
thanks for your help,,,,happy boating soon

stewd8

Cadet

found the problem,,,,i removed the carb, put it upside down on the bench and took off the float bowl,,,out fell all the pieces.....looks like the screw that holds the needle and float in place , came out,,,i'll give it a good cleaning while its out,,,,,
again thanks,,,,i'll be on the water in 1 hour,,,look out spring salmon,,,hear i come