Here we go

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Just got this in a email. Who would have thunk.<br />_______________________________________________<br />Dear Sir,<br /> <br />I am Mr. Abu Al-Karmel, I am working in Economic Development and Foreign Contract payment Operations Department, in the Central Bank of Iraq (CBI).<br /> <br />My aim of writing you is to seek for your kindness assistance to allow me quickly transfer the sum of US$15.million dollars, into your account. It will interest you to know how this huge sum amount of funds came about.<br /> <br />About two days before the United State and British, bombing began, Saddam Hussein, ordered his youngest son, Qusay, to remove the sum of US$1.billion (£640 million) from the Central Bank of Iraq (CBI) The cash which was loaded on to three lorries.<br /> <br />That memorable day Qusay and a senior aide to the former president Saddam Hussein delivered the instruction in person to the bank's governor of the Central Bank of Iraq (CBI). And the money was removed without proper official documentations. The money was not debited. It was just remove from the foreign reserve vault. This illegal withdrawer created opportunity for our staffs working in the foreign payments department. We hastingly remove from the vault the sum of US$75.million, which we shared among ourselves working in the department, five in number. My share was US$15.million, the deal which was absolutely successfully, I am now seeking your help to allow me prepare transfer document in your Name to enable me transferred the funds into your account.<br /> <br />I have agreed to offer you 15% of the funds for your assistance 5% is reserved for expenses 80% will be kept for your account for me. Note this transaction is risk free since it is assumed; Saddam Hussein was responsible for removing the funds.<br /> <br />I have formalized every necessary arrangement with regards to this transaction. What I needed now is your "TRUST" HONESTY and TRANSPERENCY". Please I need conviction and assurance of TRUST from you. Of course, you can see the reasons for this, is that, it involves a huge sum of money and I have not deal with you in anyway before. If I am convinced and with your declaration of interest in this deal, then I will tell you the procedures to follow and with other vital information, Kindly contact me through the above email.<br /> <br />For the security of this transaction, I do hereby implore you to treat and maintain it with the absolute confidentiality and secrecy it requires to avoid exposing our intentions, there by jeopardizing this project. Thanks and remain blessed.<br /> <br />Looking forward to your urgent response.<br /> <br />Best Regard<br /> <br />Mr. Abu Al-Karmel

NYMINUTE

Captain
Re: Here we go

7.gif
<br /><br />Oh oh oh......Sign me up! Please... I wanna help. This letter touchs my heart strings. Whata deal. Man do they think we are Stupid????? Reply to him with a hearty F*** Off.

matthews_jim

Petty Officer 2nd Class

OK - I'm stupid. I'll do it! I know someone is trying to get to my bank account number and rip-off what little money I currently have. Please be sure and get my over due bills too. With all the creditors after me, my 15% should be gone in about 3 days. If I'm lucky, the Feds, CIA, state and local police should arrest me within the week. Hopefully this will insure that I receive a hot meal on Christmas day, a hot shower, a bed, and toilet paper. Please, let me thank you and not you me.<br /><br />I can read this and thank a teacher every day. Been married to one going on 31 years. And yes I do it in engish. Thanking all the service men and women - past, present, and those that will serve in the future, and myself - a former Navy man.

BrianFD

Senior Chief Petty Officer

SBN, I receive things like this on occasion. They go immediately to my "Report Spam" file in AOL. It's been a while since I've received one, so I'm probably due.<br />I wonder if anyone ever gets duped with these kinds of emails? Remembering what Mom always told me, "If it seems too good to be true, it probably is."

rwise

Captain

I get them too, "delete" is what I do, turned them in at first but it don't help. maybe set up an acount with $100.00 in it and see if it "poofs" or multiplies (riggghhhht)!

JB

This is a new version of the infamous "Nigerian letter" scam.<br /><br />Check it out on the FBI site.<br /><br />Some people have actually fallen for it. :eek:

SpinnerBait_Nut

Originally posted by JB:<br /> This is a new version of the infamous "Nigerian letter" scam.<br /><br />Check it out on the FBI site.<br /><br />Some people have actually fallen for it. :eek:
Yes it is JB, just different country now.<br />Ain't it a shocker they picked Iraq? :D

KaGee

Admiral

I get at least one of those a week. I can't believe with all of the publicity, that people are still falling for the scam. Must be greed.<br /><br />Whose worse.... the people whos send these..... or the schmucks that actually fall for it? :confused: :rolleyes:

SpinnerBait_Nut

KG, I get them all the time, but this was my first one from Iraq.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Open a bank account and only have 1 cent in it. They will try to withdrawl money, but cant due to it only having one cent. They will probably have to pay some kind of fee (banks love fees) to find out there is only one cent.<br /><br />That way, the scam will cost THEM money.<br /><br />Will it work?<br /><br />Ken

SpinnerBait_Nut

Don't know Ken if it would or not. I think you have to have so much in the bank to keep an account open, say 50 bucks or so.

KaGee

Admiral

Originally posted by SBN:<br /> KG, I get them all the time, but this was my first one from Iraq.
Maybe the insurgents are running out of cash to pay people to blow themselves up!<br /><br />Guess the virgins are running out... :D

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

SBN, I currently have a bank account with zero in it.<br /><br />The wife uses it to send money home. Her family at home has an ATM card and they just make a withdrawl. Much cheaper the wireing money.<br /><br />Ken

SpinnerBait_Nut

Originally posted by kenimpzoom:<br /> SBN, I currently have a bank account with zero in it.<br /><br />The wife uses it to send money home. Her family at home has an ATM card and they just make a withdrawl. Much cheaper the wireing money.<br /><br />Ken
hmmmmm, ok. I stand corrected then. I know my bank has to have 50 bucks in it for the account to stay active.

fixin

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Ha!Now we know were the money for all those toys you been buying came from. :D

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

JustMrwill, that is one of the funnest things on the web. Is it real?<br /><br />Ken

Luna Sea

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Our local paper has "police logs". Someone actually called the police recently to tell them that he was notified that he had won some sort of overseas lottery, and thet they were requesting like a $5000 fee to collect the winnings. Paper said "The police advised the man not to send the money" HELLO! Was he actually thinking of sending it? I'm sorry but if you're too stupid to hold on to your money, SEND IT TO ME!!!! Arrgghh! :rolleyes:

spratt

Lieutenant

SBN, go ahead and do it...if I can be of assistance, I will then split half of it with you, as long as we can use your checking account to please make sums huge deposits it in...large money this like make will us rich...