Here we go again Ebay

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
Okay I have 5 vehicles on E-bay and they are not even 5 hours old. Here we go again! I just had to copy this question and show everyone. This is from an Ebay person who registered today and is from Nigeria. Of course I have answered this and added it to the bottom of the auction page!<br /><br />
Q: GOODDAY, DEAR SIR/MA WANT TO KNOW THE COST OF THE VEHICLE ,IM HIGHLY INTERESTED,SO PLS GET BACK TO ME WITH MY E MAIL,WILL BE EXPECTING YOUR REPLY. THANKS. doyin115(0)
My response....... :D
A: My prayers have been answered!! A Nigerian buyer!!Let's see.... For you a bargain price how about $10,000,000 in US funds and of course I would fully expect you will pick this vehicle up since I will not ship and not to Nigeria. Since you are such a good E-bayer since June 7, 2005 I will expect the cash before the end of the week. With $10,000,000 we can git er done! Oh, please invite your friends I have 4 other vehicles on e-bay for about the same price! You guys can get the fiends and family group discount! I am sure e-bay will agree. Oh actually that will be $10,000,099 I forgot the documentation fee! Sincerely, Bob
If I get the cash I promise I will share it with all my i-boats family. :D <br /><br />Bob

Nos4r2

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Here we go again Ebay

:D :D :D <br /><br />I found a great way of stopping them even contacting me when I was selling vehicles on there.<br />I copied all the address bar the house number from the Scambaiter site for the fraudsters in the UK into the listing.Then I suggested very nicely that should anyone attempt to defraud me in that manner I'd send immigration a nice note with the full address and name of the scammer.<br /><br />Worked a treat. I didn't even get one trying it on.

RPJS

Lieutenant Commander

Hi Bob<br /><br />I've booked the world cruise & ordered my new car. :rolleyes: <br /><br />Can you let me know when my share is available. :D :D :D

SoulWinner

Commander

As the revered SBN would say:<br /><br /><br />"BOMB THEM!"<br /><br />Them dang Nigerians tick me off!

NYMINUTE

Captain

This is a wonderful day. I got gas for $1.919 a gallon, and thanks to a wealthy Nigerian, I am well on my way to easy street.<br /><br />I'm With SoulWinner<br /> BOMB THEM

Xcusme

Commander

Bob, I'll assume ;) your reply had a typo, but it fits anyway..... <br /><br />"You guys can get the fiends and family group discount!

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Nope I meant Fiends not Friends! :D

theriver

Petty Officer 1st Class

I was defrauded the price of a $22K BMW on eBay by a dealer in Chicago. Do we bomb Illinois too?

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

troll allert.....only bomb the areas of IL that need it. just kidding with ya river..jeeese...lighten up man.

theriver

Petty Officer 1st Class

I'm relaxed, don't worry. My point was, the "Nigerian scam" is global just like every other fraud we encounter on a daily basis. That would be just like America though. Bomb Nigeria when an America doesn't have the facts straight.<br /><br />;-)<br /><br />Cheers.

I got gas for $1.919 a gallon,<br /><br />Hi Ya NY my friend, gas at $1.919! man, you wanna come to good ol' England, we are paying in the region of $9.30 per gallon.<br />Cheers.