Here is why you ALWAYS need to run the blower for 4-5 minutes...

WTP07

Cadet
BEFORE trying to start your engine.

This was at Pottahawk this weekend (see seperate post for a detailed explanation of Pottahawk). This guy was just getting ready to go out on Saturday afternoon, when we heard a muffled "WHOOMP"....

Fortunately, everyone seemed to be OK on board...1st responders were there quickly, and there were many 'civilian' medical personnel around the marina who helped out.

Note from the pictures....the top 1/2 of the boat shell has completely separated from the bottom shell. The sundeck on this thing was 20 ft in the air! Ironically enough, check out the name of the boat.

I hope everyone else's weekend went WAY better than this guy's. It certainly sunk home the importance of that switch on my dash.

Cheers,

Randy.
IMG_8846.jpg

IMG_8845.jpg

IMG_8848.jpg

IMG_8847.jpg

CATransplant

Admiral
Re: Here is why you ALWAYS need to run the blower for 4-5 minutes...

Wow! The name of that boat seems appropriate, although if he had "stroked" his blower switch, it wouldn't have "blown."

I'm glad everyone was OK.

dad's boat

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I have done on the water boat inspection for the Sheriffs office. so many people think the blower is the last thing they need to worry about. I'm going to take these pictures with me next time and ask them how much it would cost to replace the boat. :)

rndn

Commander

Honestly when I owned a Baja I always wondered if it was really that important. I guess I got my answer.