Her Summer Quarter is Over

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral
My wife thought it would be a good idea to become a RN since she says I'm accident prone. <br /><br />She has been going to school for almost 2 years part time. This quarter she has finished with B's. Not to bad for a middle aged lady that works 40 hrs a week!<br /><br />Her past husbands didn't think she was smart and could care less about her education. I married her and pushed he in the direction of education. She never was a high school grad. 3 years ago she did achieve her high school diploma. I then told her that I would be glad to send her on to college if she wanted to. So that is what she is doing now. I'm very proud of her to say the least!

FSHKPR

Ensign
Re: Her Summer Quarter is Over

Hey congrats to your wife. thats a great accomplishment!

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Great news, SSM.<br /><br />Two of my daughters are RNs, one soon to become a CRNP (the third is a Physical Therapist) and both of my sons-in-law are CRNAs.<br /><br />An excellent way to make a living.

Jack Shellac

Lieutenant Commander

My daughter is an RN working in a hospital. Prior to that, she was a Certified Public Accountant. She found what she wanted to do with her life and went after it just like your wife. It's great that you are encouraging her. My daugter loves being an RN and we need a lot more of them.

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

Great work and congratulations to your wife. Well done! <br />Great job to you too for being what she needed to do this. What a wonderful husband you are.

Kenneth Brown

Captain

My wife is currently an LVN (or LPN in other states) working towards her RN. School during the week, two 12 hour shifts at the hospital on the weekends. Good luck to you and yours, I KNOW its a pain.

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

Thanks everyone, she is a pretty good lady. I know I'll keep her for sure. Just hope she keeps me! :p <br /><br />Do they teach old women to swim in college? She loves the boat (mostly when its docked), but can't swim...

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

Have her take swimming lessons through the local YMCA. Check your Chamber of Commerce. They may know. Yes, colleges also have PE classes and she can take swimming through there too. Good luck.

Link

Rear Admiral

SS MAYFLOAT <br />Don't know how I missed your post but I did! <br />Pass on the congratulations to her from this end!<br />And to you for your support.<br /><br />As far as swimming! Next time your coming in from fishing.. about 20ft from the dock Push herself overboard! :D :D :D <br /><br />Ok after reflecting on that maybe NOT! Bad Link <br />Bassy had some good ideas :)

lakelover

Rear Admiral

Congrats, Mayfloat-same to your wife!<br /><br />My wife is an RN who works for Hospice with the terminally ill. We put her through college for nursing just after we got married and she's been at it for over 20 years now.<br /><br />One thing I've learned over the years, is that there is no such thing as a "dumb" RN. It's a rewarding and often tough profession.