Helping fellow boater

RetNav

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Today while returning to port after fishing about 30 miles out in the gulf I noticed a new sea ray stopped and the man in the bow had his shirt off waving it at us. Went over to check it out and sure enough it was a new sea ray with a big new yamaha 4 stroke that would not start. Checked it out and both of his batteries were only reading 10.3 V. Starter would turn but not engage flywheel. Jumped him off, got it started and he said he was going back to port. Prior to leaving he asked how much he owed me and I told him to help the next broke down boater he saw. Man it felt good

Terry H

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Helping fellow boater

Good for you RetNav...sounds like you need help others more often so's that you can keep that good feeling all the time...no disrespect intended... ;)

Fly Rod

Commander

:) That fella must have been some happy to see you!!! :)

ndemge

Commander

It's nice that the guy was appreciative and offered to pay you for your services and didn't EXPECT you to help him.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Good show, RetNav. <br /><br />Mark of a true mariner. :)

neumanns

Lieutenant Commander

Glad to share our nations great waterways with a boater such as yourself, Kudos. ;)

f_inscreenname

Commander

I only get to go out a couple hours at a time and more then once I have spent more then half of that time towing someone back to the ramp . I am sure it looks funny, my little boat pulling a cabin cruiser but I would never pass a boat in distress and most around here wouldn't pass me if I needed help. It is strange the differences between people on land and on the water. I live between D.C. and Baltimore and most would not stop if your car was on fire (maybe to watch it burn) but on the water you would not have your hood up long before someone would go out of there way to see if they could help. I love that!