Help with Tach problem

vucelick

Cadet
I have a 1996 mercury 4 cylinder 100hp I need a new tachometer, how do I know which tach to get and where can I get one?

angus63

Captain
Re: Help with Tach problem

Check out Teleflex website for details. Do you know the number of pulses per rev.? Is there a plug or was the last tach simply wired?

vucelick

Cadet

I looked on their website, but could not find any info that would tell me which one to get, the tach was wired in, but I believe it is a force tach and not reading properly, I do not know how many pulses.

vucelick

Cadet

I read the posting and the tach listed is not appropriate for my motor, and I have not been able to find one on their website.

thefishingfreak

Seaman Apprentice

most tachs' <br /> have a little switch on the back of them so you can pick how many cylinders that you have

vucelick

Cadet

This one has the hole for the adjustment but their is no adjustment screw in there, I think it is a force tach for the motor that preceded the current one. So what I need is a source for a tach for this one, as I have given up hope that this is reading correctly.

revertmastec

Petty Officer 1st Class

Mark,<br /><br /> Just a shot in the dark if your tach is made by Faria you can send it back and they will fix it or replace for a small service charge. I just sent one back off my 86 bayliner and they gave me a brand new replacment for 30 bucks. Shipping included.

vucelick

Cadet

The tach works, but I am convince that it is reading incorectly as it is not for the mariner that I have on their now, rather the force that used to be on there.

vucelick

Cadet

I am still looking for a place to buy a replacement tach from, my local dealer is outrageous, anyone know a place online?

daveswaves

Ensign

A buddy of mine is looking for a force tach, what year and size force did it come off? Wanna sell it?

vucelick

Cadet

It would have been around 83-84 in the 50-100 hp range, but I am not sure, I would sell if I can find the correct one for it.