Help with raw water hose ID 2006 VP 5.7 Gi-F

MalibuMike

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I've been experiencing slow cranking when starting the boat and started to look for issues in hard to reach and hard to see areas. I finally wedged my head between the rear of the motor and the rear transom to see the bolt that has the negative cable on it coming from the battery. It was ugly and will be tackled another day. I did notice a hose that comes off the back of the block that does a few twists down to the back of the transom. I suspect it couples to another pipe and then down to the raw water pick up. If you look at it, you can see that it is a bit pinched and flat on the first curve off the back of the motor. I'd like to replace it since it might be restricting a little bit of water flow and looks a bit swollen. Been searching high and low for diagrams that might help me figure out what this pipe is called. Any ideas?

Attachments

• IMG_3108.jpg
    IMG_3108.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_3113.jpg
    IMG_3113.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_3109.jpg
    IMG_3109.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 14

Fun Times

Staff member
Should be item number 19 (part description HOSE 1 1/2"), http://www.volvopentastore.com/Seaw...on_id.231344686--store_id.366--view_id.787726

Quick note though with this one as to why I mentioned Should Be... Sometimes being where this part "connects" to and being Volvo, There may be a small possibility that you'd need to check over the parts diagram for the Stern-Drive/Transom assembly to ensure of knowing if they had put this/any part(s) in that area vs the engine side parts or not....In order to properly confirm (or second-guess o_O:oops:) a better accuracy of hose #19 above, we would of needed your stern drive model type numbers too.

PART DESCRIPTIONBRANDQUANTITY
HOSE 1 1/2"Volvo Penta1

MalibuMike

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Should be item number 19 (part description HOSE 1 1/2"), http://www.volvopentastore.com/Seaw...on_id.231344686--store_id.366--view_id.787726

Quick note though with this one as to why I mentioned Should Be... Sometimes being where this part "connects" to and being Volvo, There may be a small possibility that you'd need to check over the parts diagram for the Stern-Drive/Transom assembly to ensure of knowing if they had put this/any part(s) in that area vs the engine side parts or not....In order to properly confirm (or second-guess o_O:oops:) a better accuracy of hose #19 above, we would of needed your stern drive model type numbers too.

PART DESCRIPTIONBRANDQUANTITY
HOSE 1 1/2"Volvo Penta1
I think you are correct with that hose. Some of the diagrams are hard to match because the 2D drawing doesnt really match the real curves and bends in the hose.