help with a 2000 OX-66

gents,
I read these forums quite a bit but have never posted until now. Please forgive if this is less focused than you are used to I am working on a project boat my dad and I started about 4 years ago. While I was stationed overseas in Japan, he found me a 2000 Yamaha 225 (SX225TXRY) with a factory rebuilt powerhead on it. It replaced a worn out old Sea Drive on my 21 Wellcraft. I bought it and a custom - built Gil - style bracket to mount it on. Long story short my Dad passed away right after I got back from Japan before we got a chance to rig it out. Unfortunately he was the expert on these things. Although I have helped rig older OMC type products I have never rigged a Yamaha. I bought a SELOC manual and have briefly perused the wiring diagrams, but they cover a wide range of engines and do not break out any differences by year, have any sort of detailed explanation of color codes, or have any detailed connector pinouts. Does any one have one of these rigging guides I keep reading about for this engine? Is there a better manual that has more detailed information available? If I understand the manual there are four wiring harnesses from the engine, an oil meter harness, a trim meter harness, a main wiring harness, and the sub oil tank wiring (which I have)? I was plannng on buying either Teleflex or Faria analog gauges, unless there is a really good reason I am not aware of to spend the extra expense on the "genuine Yamaha" stuff. I am going down to Jacksonville Florida in two weeks to pick it up ( its getting Awl Grip sprayed) and am excited to get started. I am at least fairly mechanically competent; I have done lower unit and power head rebuilds on older engines, but I cant seem to find the detailed technical data to make smart decisions for this install. Any help would be appreciated.

cousinabe

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: help with a 2000 OX-66

I found this wiring diagram which may help.
Good luck with the boat. Sorry about your dad. I'm sure he would be proud of you getting it up and running!
Cheers!

Attachments

• 2008 Rigging Guide76.jpg
    2008 Rigging Guide76.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 0