Help!!! Water in gas, help, motor won't run

Parrot6909

Seaman
I have a 225 Merc Optimax.....the filter had a ton of water in it, I need to find out how to get the water out, I am on vacation next week and have a ton of ppl coming down to fish with me....this is my one week a year i can use the boat to its full extent!!!!! The fuel tank is under the deck, 150 gallons.....Ideas?????

jason_c

Cadet
Re: Help!!! Water in gas, help, motor won't run

not a problem....the best way to get rid of water in that filter is to diconnect the line...engine side and prime the line, tell the gas has went trew mabey a few letter will work....if not replace the filter...

jason_c

Cadet

use a couple letter of fuel stabilezer this should make your engine start once its going run you mixture rich, for about 10 to 15 mins....make sure you have your *Ear muffs* hooked up,good luck and happy fishing

Parrot6909

Seaman

Thanks......I changed the filter already, three times......don't know how this much water got in the tank, its driving me nuts. Anyone else?

Parrot6909

Seaman

Good idea.....I will try that......Any idea how much I will need to pump? Whats the best way to dispose of the extra gas???

NathanY

Commander

They have electric syphons at any Marine dealer and at the Mega Mall on this site. <br /><br />Dont take any chances, completely empty the fuel tank, and replace with fresh gas. It does not take much water to kill an outboard.